Re: IF you need soundtrack design

SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:Im a music producer and been making music for 4 years (yep 4 years). If ya need some music for whatever the fuck your designing just message me. And if you wanna see my work go to

https://scp-173.bandcamp.com/
ooOOOOOOO(goes supersonic pitch) ahem... sorry.. Your music is pretty awesome! I don't need it for anything but anyone who does will surely appreciate it!
SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote: pffft that shit takes longer then 5 nights ill tell you that much. But i love all the special free VST's ive gotten. its always nice using a bunch of different VST's. also seriously tho if anyone needs soundtrack design im great with ambient and horror. or theme music. ill do whatever. I wanna get involved with something. cause i love making music. and i love playing video games. And it's not like im expecting to get payed.
What I always say.... if it's fun, do it. In other words, it's nice for you to become a collaborator, and have awesome work to show for it. *cough* I know who claims they're one but doesn't ever give valid evidence, but no names here.Do things that make you happy.
Also, anything I do in the future, I'd probably also not expect to be paid for unless the person insists they pay out of an act of kindness (I'm quite poor but I can remain happy if I do something I love uninterrupted though).

pffft that shit takes longer then 5 nights ill tell you that much.
Ill hand it to you that you can create some alright sounds but come on mate, your not fooling anyone.
You havn't been doing this for 4 years.
It sound like you've dipped your toe into audio synthesis and processing.
KEEP GOING THOUGH! IVE BEEN THERE AND ITS GREAT FUN! :laugh:

As for another SCP themed game I am all up for that.
Blitz is a terrible platform when compared with what tools are avalable today. especially when considering releasing on other platforms In particular unixlike/esque (mac linux android IOS BSD etc).
BlitzBASIC. Why is that necessary!?
Is it directx7? its been a while since I checked.

Before I began shilling on this forum I was very heavily seduced by the idea of making an SCP game and I may have a few assets on my old machine.
PM me if your intrested.

doubleghost wrote:
As for another SCP themed game I am all up for that.
Blitz is a terrible platform when compared with what tools are avalable today. especially when considering releasing on other platforms In particular unixlike/esque (mac linux android IOS BSD etc).
BlitzBASIC. Why is that necessary!?
Is it directx7? its been a while since I checked.

Before I began shilling on this forum I was very heavily seduced by the idea of making an SCP game and I may have a few assets on my old machine.
PM me if your intrested.
The reason SCP Containment Breach is on the Blitz engine is because that is the game engine that Regalis is comfortable with. Blitz is, however, limited in that it's an old game engine, and it means that at the moment, SCP: Containment Breach is Windows-only. However, we have people working on several game engine ports. There's juanjpro porting to Irrlicht, so Mac (and hopefully Linux) users can enjoy the game, and so it is compatible with Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. We had danielmus and several other people working on separate Unity ports for the same reasons, though whether any of the Unity ports are still being worked on, I am not quite sure. We also have chris0matic working on a game called "One Chance" although it still isn't finalised as to whether it will be SCP-based or not.

[quote="doubleghost"][quote]
You havn't been doing this for 4 years.
/quote]

If only grooveshark was still up for me to prove you wrong on that. -sighs- I actually know a pretty damn good amount at what im doing. and sure i never Master my audio cause i like it how the fuck it is. I know what the fuck im doing mmmmk. Dont you ever question my musical experience. Or i swear to god I will shit on your level of "expertise" with whatever the fuck YOU do.
Undertale Genocide Path:

(-_-) THE SMELL OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION

r Master my audio cause i like it how the fuck it is. I know what the fuck im doing mmmmk. Dont you ever question my musical experience. Or i swear to god I will shit on your level of "expertise" with whatever the fuck YOU do.
You say "Fuck" a lot dont you?
What a pity. Instead of thoroughly reading my post you instead rant about the 1 line of tomfoolery. If I didn't know any better I'd say ive unhinged you.
But I wouldn't want to make the master angry so I bear you a gift of sympathy. :oops: :) :oops:

SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:If only grooveshark was still up for me to prove you wrong on that. -sighs- I actually know a pretty damn good amount at what im doing. and sure i never Master my audio cause i like it how the fuck it is. I know what the fuck im doing mmmmk. Dont you ever question my musical experience. Or i swear to god I will shit on your level of "expertise" with whatever the fuck YOU do.
Regardless of how much experience you have, you can at least try to keep your cool.

undead003 wrote: Regardless of how much experience you have, you can at least try to keep your cool.
Both should.
doubleghost wrote: What a pity. Instead of thoroughly reading my post you instead rant about the 1 line of tomfoolery. If I didn't know any better I'd say ive unhinged you.
But I wouldn't want to make the master angry so I bear you a gift of sympathy. :oops: :) :oops:
Passive-agressive rudeness is all the rage these days. At least you didn't use a ":^)". Let's just all chill out about it from both sides.

On-topic from now on please, from this line of happiness and below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you do feel like helping, you should really consider helping out Regalis with his newest game, Subsurface, since that one's actually has a buncha placeholder stuff and it could definitely use some music! Subsurface is not horror, but it does deal with killing huge ass scary creatures, so you can try making a track or two and put them in collab, so Reg gives his input. Or send him a PM, since he cannot revise the forum completely everyday.

Containment Breach is actually pretty filled with plenty of finished tracks, a lot of them were made by FireFox, another composer here. The rest are mostly Kevin McLeod's, as long as a music track fits better than the McLeod tracks being used in the game i'd say they could have a good chance of getting put in!

You could also try your hand making music for specific encounters, like 106 at the tunnel or small tracks for small events that happen during the game. That way we get some more variation and uniqueness for areas and etc.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Alrighty then no more winding up people.
But I have to admit it was too tastier bait for me to just ignore! :wink:

As I stated after placing my trap card a while ago I did attempt at making a few assets (mainly textures and models of scp's that could exist outside of this game). Ive left them on an old windows partition somewhere so if anyone wants to take a nosy at them I can dig em out.

Its been fun!