Confirmed Characters

Found this probably to the most interesting thread before the relocation of the forum engine.
Steelpoint wrote:This is a sort of continuation of my long ago post about possible Characters to be added to SCP:CB.

As of now we know that from that list the confirmed characters are as follows, also there appearances in the game as of V5.1

D-9341: Main Character
Security Chief Franklin: Communicates on Radio.
Dr. Harp: Radio and Office.
Dr. Gears: Office Room.
Dr. L: Communicates on Radio.
Agent Ulgrin: Communicates on Radio.

Also another new character.
Dr. Maynard

I was hoping to open up a discussion on what future role these characters will have. As well as thoughts on the characters role in the game currently.

I'm honestly surprised at how many of my characters are in the game.
Now, here's some roles I think could be expanded upon:

The 'Intercom Voice': I think he could be given a name at least, since he's probably the most iconic voice role of the game thus far, and possibly an appearance later in-game. What I would think would be to get Duke back for one more audio clip, as the sir on the radio himself, crying for his life. Then, a pause. And a snap. I think it'd be quite a eerie scene, showing the effects of the dire situation and that not everyone survives a breach.

Dr. Gears: Possibly the most iconic of figures in the SCP fandom, Gears is a must for this game. By this point, using the radio again for telling the player something you need to know seems somewhat overdone and dull. I can't think quite of a better way for Gears to make his appearance, because he would otherwise need a model for an actual presence. Perhaps an intercom appearance in Gate A, for a separate ending, where he requests an ultimatum, in a dangerous scenario, for possibly retrieving the Nuclear Launch codes from a printout in his office. He would give you his personal access code, and you would run his errand, hopefully not getting chopped up along the way. When you return, you could either choose to incinerate the note along the way, as you wouldn't be likely to be given a ride away from the nuclear blast, and instead give him outdated codes, while you escape Gate A, to finally become free.

The other two D's: Not really much here, not even a designation is necessary. Just some quiet muttering and coughing as you're rushed in with them, and a scream of bloody murder for the second before he dies. I think TheVolgun does some mighty impressive work, I think his versatile voice would most definitely suit one of the two.

And here I wrote up some generic names for particular notes and cameos as such, that won't (but can) be expanded upon for the story.

MTF-Epsilon-Eleven:
-MTF-E-3-1- Agent Furnice
-MTF-E-3-2- Agent Palmer
-MTF-E-3-3- Agent Friedkin
-MTF-E-3-4- Agent Siek
-MTF-E-3-5- Agent Ortell
-MTF-E-3-6- Agent Kuli
-MTF-E-3-7- Agent Caldera
-MTF-E-3-8- Agent Klaus
-MTF-E-3-9- Captain Ryan

Generic Doctor names:

Dr. Wagner
Dr. Paxton
Dr. Ward
Dr. Conway
Dr. Jung
Dr. Burke
Dr. Rosing
Dr. Pham
Dr. Ingresso
Dr. Esther
Dr. Stayner
It slep time bunner.

Re: Confirmed Characters

I think another way to enter some characters into game would be the S-NAV system. Basically, if you aren't able to locate a exit on your map seed eventually, and have you S-NAV enabled, the map would emulate a small beep and zoom out, showing a large portion of the facility, and highlight a specific room in red. Then, a message would appear on the screen.

"Exit. Here, before you get your face ripped off, whoever you are. -Harp"

Maybe just a little hint from one of the obscure doctors, and it would make a bit more use of the S-NAV.
It slep time bunner.