SCP-1048-A Infection Revamp

This is just a small thing I made up in my spare time.

I made 2 things, 1 being just an infection description overhaul and the second an ear overlay (which is kind of sloppy).

Description -
This is really just my opinion, if anything. I didn't like how the infection description was in capitals whereas other things aren't (such as SCP-008's infection).
So Syphen (originally me) changed it a bit:
Spoiler
1. You feel weird objects on your leg.
2. You feel something growing on your abdomen.
3. There's something growing on your face, making it hard to breathe.
4. You're beginning to suffocate.
Also I thought a slower infection development would be a tad better as well.

Overlay -
These aren't that good and I don't really know a good way for it to slowly take up the screen. I thought just a simple fade in would be good but it would look kind of cheesy.
Tell me your ideas -
Stage 1:
Spoiler
Stage 2:
Spoiler
Stage 3:
Spoiler
Stage 4 (pretty much over):
Spoiler
Stage 5 (nothing to really see here):
Spoiler
So yeah, tell me what you think of them and give some ideas + feedback. It would be appreciated.
Last edited by Child Muncher on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: SCP-1048-A Infection Revamp

Child Muncher wrote: Description -
This is really just my opinion, if anything. I didn't like how the infection description was in capitals whereas other things aren't (such as SCP-008's infection).
So I changed it a bit:
Spoiler
1. Something is beginning to form throughout your body
2. They look like ears!
3. It's starting to take up your entire body
4. You're beginning to suffocate
I'd rather have it like this:
Spoiler
4. You can't breathe.

SyphenTV wrote: I'd rather have it like this:
Spoiler
4. You can't breathe.
That was quick. I'll update the main post but I'll keep the "You're beginning to suffocate" part.

Child Muncher wrote:
SyphenTV wrote: I'd rather have it like this:
Spoiler
4. You can't breathe.
That was quick. I'll update the main post but I'll keep the "You're beginning to suffocate" part.
yay
TOTALLY NEEDED COMMENT

Yes, I like this. Making the infection to where it's more than just a message and actually make going around 1048 is a nice idea! As it is now it's just like "oh I have ears growing on me cool". The layout is also cool. Maybe add some ear silhouettes in the little layout too.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

MrJPenguin1 wrote:Maybe add some ear silhouettes in the little layout too.
Well the whole overlay is made out of darkened blurred human ears but I guess I can make some ears more visible to make it more clear what's going on.

EDIT:

Don't know if these are any better -

Stage 1:
Spoiler
Stage 2:
Spoiler
I didn't bother making Stage 3,4,5 because there wasn't much to see on those ones.

hahaha, Love it...

Though, I would have loved to see the player look down at their hands and see there are a few ears grown out of their skin on their hands.

"Oh god! What the fetch is all this?"

Honestly, I love the whole Gordon Freeman like silent protagonist bit, but D-9341 should have a bit more voiced "commentary" when meeting SCPs. Not just the one scene where he commits suicide to add a few more lines to SCP-012. But then again, I'm not making this game.
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."