Guards idea

Since the guards are only seen in the intro and are pretty much useless if you disable the intro, I have an idea on what to do with them.
The guards could have a chance of patrolling outside/near SCP chambers, and should also patrol set paths in the Light/Heavy Containment zones. You would have to crouch in a corner, or quickly get to another room to avoid them.
I suggested a similar thing nearly a year ago, but I thought I'd bring it up again.

Re: Guards idea

I think a guard that has completely lost it would be an idea with potential, kinda like what Halo did in one of its levels.
[youtube]watch?v=HRB-paQnS6s[/youtube]
I'm thinking basically like in the video. A guard has been driven to insanity, perhaps by 513, and shoots you thinking you're 513-1. Think of the bathroom guard but instead he tries to kill you instead. His aim would be sporadic and would hardly ever hit you, to keep him from actually killing you.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

I had the idea of finding a dead guard with his radio still active and playing. You could just use the preexisting guard corpse model and have some police radio chatter playing alongside it. I think seeing more personnel in general would be a good addition to the game, not necessarily NPCs you can interact with but just events with scientists and guards fleeing the facility or fighting SCPs around the facility to add a bit more character to the Foundation. While the base isn't big, it's not hard to believe that not everyone was able to evacuate.
"Is he dead?"
"You wanna check his pulse?"
"Um, let's just say he's dead."

Sic wrote:I had the idea of finding a dead guard with his radio still active and playing. You could just use the preexisting guard corpse model and have some police radio chatter playing alongside it. I think seeing more personnel in general would be a good addition to the game, not necessarily NPCs you can interact with but just events with scientists and guards fleeing the facility or fighting SCPs around the facility to add a bit more character to the Foundation. While the base isn't big, it's not hard to believe that not everyone was able to evacuate.
I agree with you on that, more events are always good because they add depth to the facility.
Especially the Entrance Zone needs more events in my opinion.
We could have a event for example where a rogue Class-D is executed by a group of MTF's in the Entrance Zone.
But your idea isn't bad too.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:I agree with you on that, more events are always good because they add depth to the facility.
Especially the Entrance Zone needs more events in my opinion.
We could have a event for example where a rogue Class-D is executed by a group of MTF's in the Entrance Zone.
But your idea isn't bad too.
Or something similar to Dead Space 1's events with personnel begging for help behind glass before getting killed by a skip.
"Is he dead?"
"You wanna check his pulse?"
"Um, let's just say he's dead."

KirbyMario12345 wrote:Since the guards are only seen in the intro and are pretty much useless if you disable the intro, I have an idea on what to do with them.
The guards could have a chance of patrolling outside/near SCP chambers, and should also patrol set paths in the Light/Heavy Containment zones. You would have to crouch in a corner, or quickly get to another room to avoid them.
I suggested a similar thing nearly a year ago, but I thought I'd bring it up again.
It's an idea I thought about too, but I'm not sure if guards should patrol the LCZ/HCZ, as in my opinion it's the SCP's purpose to do this, but maybe there can be like 1 guard patrolling the LCZ or the HCZ (but not for 1.3, mostly for future versions then).

Cridone wrote:I think it'd be best to make the guard appear on one of those catwalks or somewhere inaccessible like that. Doesn't sound like a good idea to let the player get up close to a guard.
Yeah, it makes the catwalks a bit more than just decoration.