Re: Legitimate Some-What Well Written Ideas For Future Versions of Containment Breach.

Marios wrote:
Zackonark wrote:With code, anything's possible. Limitations can be placed on specific engines like Gamemaker and B3d, but even then a work around is possible to find. With Gamemaker, for example, you cannot work in 3D unless you purchase a non-standard license. But I know for a fact that it's entirely possible to code your own 3D engine in Gamemaker by doing the math of the third dimension, finding the verticies' relative points in 2D based on the camera's positioning, and stretching sprites as textures to fill these points.

So, it's never a question of if it's possible, rather it's how much effort you're willing to put in.
Still, what if a workaround actually needs plenty of code and ends up making your game/program run slower than if the feature was officially implemented? You can't just workaround everything and expect smooth sailing.

About Gamemaker's workaround... Is it really worth it in the end when there is literally everything else is out there, including Torque Game Engine?
This is 100% true.

I do know the downfalls of workarounds, I was just making the point that anything is possible. And no, it isn't worth the time and effort to code a 3D engine in Gamemaker.

And yes, I know that question was retorical.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website