Legitimate Some-What Well Written Ideas For Future Versions of Containment Breach.

I hope no one ever uncovers this thread

In the light of what hopes to be a stable release of Containment Breach, I thought I would suggest some ideas that would add a bit more to the game in terms of game-play. To be truthful, I wouldn't know how compatible these suggestions would be with modern Containment Breach, since it's not in the best shape as of now.

All these examples come from personal experience, so please don't get the thought that I am making these up. Because I shit you not, most of this has happened more than once.

PLAYER-WISE:
Spoiler
Let me just start out that the ideas posted here are a quarter of what I originally thought up. I more or less just forgot them in my 6 hour game-play session of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (which I recommend with all of my heart).

INTERACTIVE ENVIRONMENT -- Now I'll start this with most likely what all of you are thinking; "Syphen! What the fuck is wrong with you, we can't have interactive environments in this horror game! It would take away from the immersion!"naminganinsidejoke. An interactive environment would benefit the game quite a bit. Imagine it; you're running away from a Mobile Task Force member who caught sight of you, and you run into one of the offices. You could drag some of the chairs in front of the door, so he'll have to move it. Or you could push one of the bookshelves in front of the door, not only canceling one of the ways you can move through the facility, but requiring the Task Force member (and the whole group in that case) to re-route their movement cycle through the facility.

Now switching to a non very situational matter for this idea, the player could also open drawers and cases to find lower (or higher) level keycards, they could open cabinets (if staff dormitories ever will become a thing) to find some items that could help in the player in certain matters. The player could also open medicinal cabinets to get some medical supplies, if the medi-bay/other medical facilities are to be implemented.

DISTRACTIONS -- I know for a FACT that this has been mentioned once before, but I never saw why it wasn't actually implemented. The idea is simple: the player can obtain an item (like a S-NAV or a keycard) and throw it around into a hallway, or room. The generated noise would distract an NPC into thinking the player is in that room, and they would go check it out and see what's in there. While it wouldn't be a very good choice when being pursued by an object like SCP-173, it would be very useful if chased by an entity like the Mobile Task Force, or even SCP-106. If the player is being pursued by some entity that has lost them, they could throw something like a spare S-NAV into the hallway, or room near them to trick the entity that they've went that way, or are in that room. That could lead the entity to go on a "search mode" where they would spend a minute or two to find that player.

It would also be cool if we could take some items off of dead bodies to help us. For dead guards, we could take the emptied clip from their gun and throw that against a wall to gain an MTF's attention, or for a scientist, a pen, pencil, or keycard.

STEALTHYNESS: +9000% -- Lets just get this through everyone's minds: STEALTH IN CONTAINMENT BREACH FUCKING SUCKS. Got that? Good. Now you should be able to eat it for breakfast and shit victory!

On a serious note: it does suck. Seriously. If you by some chance manage to dodge the Mobile Task Force's aimbot with their point-perfect accuracy, or you just heard them coming and decided to run since you're stuck in a corner, you'd realize that it doesn't take much to hide effectively. All you need to do is go into one of the offices, and hide behind a desk to by the side of a bookshelf. I shit you not, they will never find you. Even if they saw you run into the office, they won't search for you, they'll either 1. Run to your hiding spot EXACTLY and kill you, or 2. walk through the office as if nothing had happened.

Now, NOT complaining about the Task Force's reaction to you hiding, let's look at the SCP's reaction to you hiding. Let's start with SCP-173. Oh wait, there is none, he just appears right next to you when he's near, and the same for 106 and 049 (when he could walk around the facility, since apparently he can't pre-1.3). A better way to combat this, is to have an ACTUAL FUCKING HIDING SYSTEM. And when I mean this, I MEAN it. Get creative.

Most of my inspiration for this was from the game Blackwell's Asylum. The game allows unique hiding procedures, allowing the player to hide in various objects, and confuse guards. These hiding procedures could be added into Containment Breach. Players could hide under desks, and hide in closets (if they were added), to allow some unique views and ways to get past enemies. They could also (if dormitories were added) hide under beds, or under tables or terminals with a desk to them.

I remember seeing one of D-7650/Sic's screenshots of Containment Breach on his Steam account, and one image there was him hiding in one of the vents in the roofs of the metal tunnels, watching the Task Force walk underneath him. That would be an interesting feature, where the player could jump into, and maybe even travel around the vents, where they could avoid enemies beneath them. There also could be more dangers to this though, in the vents they could encounter SCP-173 (since it's show that's how he travels in game), or, if they make a ton of noise, the MTF could shoot up into the vents, possibly killing the player or bringing it down, leading them into more danger.

The MTF, if at an able point, could also have another purpose. They could throw tear-gas or different types of grenades into the vents to flush the player out, leading to their eventual capture/demise.

RUNNING IMPROVEMENTS. YES. -- Think about it, what if the running system could be made a *bit* more realistic? How about allowing the character to run/sprint in ALL directions? Running backwards would be slower than running while strafing, and running facing forwards would be faster than running while strafing. You could also run while crouching which while still making a bit of noise, it wouldn't make AS MUCH noise as normal sprinting, allowing for some quick getaways while facing the MTF, or hiding from some other SCP. It also would be slower than running normally, but a small bit faster than sprinting backwards. And, how about some improvements to the duration of sprinting? I know this doesn't seem realistic (since it isn't), but how about the longer the player sprints, the faster and longer they can do it? Make sprinting more a bit more rewarding then just getting the super gas mask and be done with it. Along with that, de-buff the gas mask to make it so the player can't get these buffs while using the gas mask.
NPC-WISE:
Spoiler
W.I.P!
NOTE: As of 8:37 AM Of 7/23/16 I'm not able to finish this, at least during the time of uploading. I will finish off the thread later, and make a post beneath to compliment it. Anyways, please critique and comment on your feelings of these ideas!
Last edited by Nehpys on Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Legitimate Some-What Well Written Ideas For Future Versions of Containment Breach.

SyphenTV wrote:In the light of what hopes to be a stable release of Containment Breach, I thought I would suggest some ideas that would add a bit more to the game in terms of game-play. To be truthful, I wouldn't know how compatible these suggestions would be with modern Containment Breach, since it's not in the best shape as of now.

All these examples come from personal experience, so please don't get the thought that I am making these up. Because I shit you not, most of this has happened more than once.
I think it is easier to make a new game about SCP and use this tips