Some suggestions for future SCP:CB versions

Since my old thread is months old, I made a new one with some different ideas (Not all ideas from the old thread will be here).
Feel free to state your opinion regarding these ideas.

SCP improvements:

SCP-1048-A ear growth revamp
Spoiler
Since I think that the current ear growth process does not really make sense to me, I thought it would be better if the system would get improved.
This system would be similar to SCP-008's infection, except that it would be a lot quicker than 008.
Item improvements:

Chance for Radio, S-Nav and Nightvision goggles to malfunction
Spoiler
What about adding a chance for these three items to malfunction? When these items malfunction, a sound file for each item could play and they would become useless.
New events and ambience:

Even more ambient sounds
Spoiler
Since there can never be enough ambience, what about adding some more ambient sounds from the NTF mod.
Here are some soundfiles that could be added (NineTailedFox/SFX/ambience):
-2scream.ogg
-2scream2.ogg
-alley_lmg.ogg
-brief_encounter.ogg
-Boom1.ogg
-Boom2.ogg
-Boom3.ogg
-Commotion1.ogg
-friendly_fire.ogg
-All indoor_camera_generic_lights_flicker.ogg files
-indoor_camera_generic_underground_jolt1.ogg
-indoor_camera_generic_underground_tremor_high1.ogg
-All indoor_camera_generic_underground_tremor.ogg files
-indoor_camera_shattering_explosion.ogg
-indoor_dist_generic_door_kick1.ogg
-All indoor_dist_generic_explosion_bassy.ogg files
-All indoor_dist_generic_howl.ogg files
-indoor_dist_generic_metal_break1.ogg
-All indoor_dist_generic_metal_scrape.ogg files
-All indoor_dist_generic_metal_squeak.ogg files
-All indoor_dist_generic_metal_stress.ogg files
-All indoor_dist_generic_metal_strike.ogg files
-All indoor_dist_generic_metal_strikeshort.ogg files
-indoor_dist_generic_metaldoor_kick1.ogg
-All indoor_dist_generic_roar.ogg files
-All indoor_far_generic_explosion_med.ogg files
-indoor_far_generic_explosion_small1.ogg
-All indoor_far_generic_groan.ogg files
-All indoor_far_generic_moan.ogg files
-All indoor_far_generic_snarl.ogg files
-All int_amb.ogg files
-int_bursts.ogg
-LowMoan.ogg
-panic.ogg
-scream1.ogg
-scream2.ogg
-scream3.ogg
Ambient sounds in SCP-860-1 and the Pocket Dimension
Spoiler
Since the ambient sounds for SCP-860-1 apparently haven't been fixed yet, I think that they should be fixed, so that they actually appear in-game.
Also, I think that the Pocket Dimension needs some ambient sounds, simply because it would be more likely for SCP-106 to keep several victims there.
Some scripted events inside SCP-1499's dimension and the Pocket Dimension
Spoiler
It would be interesting to see some (Not too many though) scripted events inside SCP-1499's dimension and the Pocket Dimension.
While for SCP-1499's dimension, I had a event similar to the one in the wiki article in mind, for the Pocket Dimension, we could maybe see another victim being a victim of SCP-106's 'games'. (You know what I mean)
Scripted events involving the MTF
Spoiler
It doesn't make sense to me that the MTF are not being affected by all these SCP's around them. What I had in mind is a scripted event involving a MTF operative being killed by either SCP-049, SCP-096 or SCP-106.
New SCP's:

SCP-009
Spoiler
SCP-009 could function like it does in the Box of Horrors mod, appearing in the Heavy Containment Zone.
SCP-076
Spoiler
Yes, I understand that 076 is too OP to be a free-roaming SCP, therefore I suggest having it appear in it's containment chamber. When you get too close to 076-1, 076-2 will emerge and hunt you through the containment chamber, but not through the rest of the facility.
SCP-198
Spoiler
SCP-198 could appear in it's containment room like it does in the NTF mod.
Besides in it's containment room, SCP-198 could appear elsewhere. My idea is that SCP-198 could appear in a office, looking like a ordinary cup (I will assume that someone else would have touched 198 in it's containment room, causing it to spawn somewhere else with a different appearance).
The player could die after 1-2 minute if it does not consume the contents. The chance of the player consuming the content could be randomized, there could be a 50% chance of the player consuming it, a 50% chance of the player refusing to drink it, causing death. This randomization could happen every time, the player attempts to consume it.
SCP-212
Spoiler
It would appear in it's containment chamber. If the player lies down on it, he would be randomly 'improved'. (Effects could be similar to those of self-processing inside 914)
SCP-239
Spoiler
SCP-239 could be added to the game because it is a really interesting SCP. In-game, it could appear in it's containment chamber, having woken up from it's coma. There could be the option to leave her alone or to get closer.
If the player leaves, 239 would leave him alone, if the player gets closer, 239 would wish him away, resulting in death.
SCP-409
Spoiler
- SCP-409's containment chamber and appearance would be the same as in the Box of Horrors mod
- In some rooms throughout the facility, stains of SCP-409 crystals could be found. If the player touches them, the crystallization effect would begin.
- SCP-409 could also be a drink dispensed by SCP-294 (Similar on how SCP-009 is in the BoH mod)
- There could be a scripted event that shows a Class-D, already covered with SCP-409 crystals, running towards the player, only to stop in front of the player and shatter due to advanced crystallization effect. This would create a SCP-409 stain with the same effect as the other stains.
- The crystallization process could be stopped using a SCP-500 pill.
SCP-457
Spoiler
SCP-457 could be added to the game because it is a really cool SCP. In-game, it could work like in the NTF mod, having it appear in some tunnels and maybe some scripted events in the Heavy Containment Zone.
SCP-772
Spoiler
Packs of SCP-772 could appear in some room. They would attack the player if they walk through, only crouching would prevent attacks.
New Rooms:

Medibay
Spoiler
A SCP containment site needs a area where personnel can be treated to injuries, therefore I think that this would make a good addition to the game.
The medibay could work like in the Box of Horrors mod, at the same time giving a bigger role to SCP-049-2 instances.
Laboratory
Spoiler
A SCP containment site needs a area where scientists actually research other things than SCP's, like substances from SCP artifacts.
Therefore, I think that a laboratory would be a good addition.
Last edited by AveryLP on Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 am, edited 11 times in total.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

Re: Some suggestions for future SCP:CB versions

CommanderMark wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:There is a SCP-409 chamber in game :wink:
*checks source*

Code: Select all

;Faked room409
			r\Objects[17] = LoadMesh_Strict("GFX\map\room2sl_2.b3d",r\obj)
			sc.SecurityCams = CreateSecurityCam(r\x-160.0*RoomScale,r\y-22689.1*RoomScale,r\z-288.0*RoomScale,Null)
			sc\angle = 225
			TurnEntity sc\CameraObj, 20, 0, 0
			EntityParent sc\obj,r\obj
			sc\SpecialCam = True
k.
For some reason camera is not working there and it is not show any feed to monitors, but we decide to keep this

Vane Brain wrote:
CommanderMark wrote:
*checks source*

;Faked room409
			sc.SecurityCams = CreateSecurityCam(r\x-160.0*RoomScale,r\y-22689.1*RoomScale,r\z-288.0*RoomScale,Null)
			sc\angle = 225
			sc\SpecialCam = True
k.
For some reason camera is not working there and it is not show any feed to monitors, but we decide to keep this
Why is it added in the first place? (When 409 itself has not been added)

Vane Brain wrote:
CommanderMark wrote:
*checks source*

;Faked room409
			sc\angle = 225
			sc\SpecialCam = True
k.
THEN WHATS THE POINT TO KEEPING IT IF IT DOESN'T WORK

Jesus, it's like most of the left-over source code for CB. There's so much shit commented out that's just been retyped with 1 variable replaced. There's no point in keeping it.

SyphenTV wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
CommanderMark wrote: *checks source*

;Faked room409
			sc\angle = 225
			sc\SpecialCam = True
k.

Jesus, it's like most of the left-over source code for CB. There's so much shit commented out that's just been retyped with 1 variable replaced. There's no point in keeping it.
So you don't want to see 409 in main game.. fine, okay

Vane Brain wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:
Vane Brain wrote: For some reason camera is not working there and it is not show any feed to monitors, but we decide to keep this

Wait a second....is it going to be added or what?

AveryLP wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:

Wait a second....is it going to be added or what?
Not anymore