Re: Some suggestions for future SCP:CB versions

This topic is kinda interesting. :)

I like the idea of having SCP-409 in different variants.

I also got suggestions as well:

SCP-005 might be too OP but how about making it 1/100 chances of spawning and having it's achievement? (Like "The King Of The Key" and description would be "Great Job, you cheat". (Doubt it will get added :? )

I haven't think about SCP-020 as in BoH, it does nothing. Maybe adding Syringe to Medibay and inject yourself with the SCP-020 or get infected with SCP-020? Then get a game over after it's being spread all over then NTF killed class-d. SCP-500-01 is the cure. (Maybe...)

SCP-547 will be using Radical Larry with fire (we all know that) as a placeholder if it gets added. Model might just be FLAMING man.

diszxchat wrote:This topic is kinda interesting. :)

SCP-005 might be too OP but how about making it 1/100 chances of spawning and having it's achievement? (Like "The King Of The Key" and description would be "Great Job, you cheat". (Doubt it will get added :? )

I haven't think about SCP-020 as in BoH, it does nothing. Maybe adding Syringe to Medibay and inject yourself with the SCP-020 or get infected with SCP-020? Then get a game over after it's being spread all over then NTF killed class-d. SCP-500-01 is the cure. (Maybe...)

SCP-547 will be using Radical Larry with fire (we all know that) as a placeholder if it gets added. Model might just be FLAMING man.
SCP-020 sounds like a good idea, but I don't think the Foundation would keep 020 syringes in the medibay.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

AveryLP wrote:

SCP-020 sounds like a good idea, but I don't think the Foundation would keep 020 syringes in the medibay.
I mean that Syringes can be used to test on Class-D for purposes such as recording the person status. For SCP-020 Substances, you need to go to SCP-020 room and take it.

diszxchat wrote:
AveryLP wrote:

I mean that Syringes can be used to test on Class-D for purposes such as recording the person status. For SCP-020 Substances, you need to go to SCP-020 room and take it.
Even so, such syringes would be kept in a laboratory. (Which I suggested as a room)
I also think that SCP-035's role should be expanded, for example after the sequence in it's chamber, you would find the scientist's dead body and 035, allowing you to wear it.

AveryLP wrote:
diszxchat wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
Even so, such syringes would be kept in a laboratory. (Which I suggested as a room)
I also think that SCP-035's role should be expanded, for example after the sequence in it's chamber, you would find the scientist's dead body and 035, allowing you to wear it.
Then your suggestion of the lab should have syringes.

How about if you were rude to SCP-035, then SCP-035 would chase you. If SCP-035 knock you out, then you will find yourself awake and walking randomly. Then in the inventory, you saw the mask. You try to take it off but it doesn't let you which means SCP-035 is controlling you.

diszxchat wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
diszxchat wrote:

How about if you were rude to SCP-035, then SCP-035 would chase you. If SCP-035 knock you out, then you will find yourself awake and walking randomly. Then in the inventory, you saw the mask. You try to take it off but it doesn't let you which means SCP-035 is controlling you.
Those are also good ideas, what about after gassing 035, it would first say the 'trick' with 012 as usual, but as soon as you leave the control room, the door would burst open and 035 would chase you.

AveryLP wrote:
diszxchat wrote:
AveryLP wrote:

Those are also good ideas, what about after gassing 035, it would first say the 'trick' with 012 as usual, but as soon as you leave the control room, the door would burst open and 035 would chase you.
Unless it's malfunctioning then SCP-035 will chase you.

diszxchat wrote:
AveryLP wrote:
diszxchat wrote:

Unless it's malfunctioning then SCP-035 will chase you.
Another way would be for 079 to open the door for 035.

Speaking of suggetions, I got some too. Might as well share them here. They're mainly for improving/balancing the current SCPs.

Preventing attacks from 096/The Paper Bag :
Spoiler
Due to 096 new spawnrate, I feel that we now need a way to prevent any attacks from it. I am not saying "contain it" as it would mean you'd have to drag 096 along and I don't think it's necessary to go that far.
Instead, preventing any attacks from it could give the player relief, and an objective if they don't want to face 096's shenanigans.

So, while I was re-reading 096's page, I remembered that after any attacks from the monster, the MTF had to put a bag on 096's face, so nobody can look at its face and it can be brought back in its containment chamber.
Why not using this idea to prevent 096 from attacking the player ? A paper bag is simple to implement, and I think it would be somewhat easy to program it so it can go on 096's face. It could also allow the player to have another inventory space, like the clipboard (if you wanna take donuts at the cafeteria, or a slice of pizza, I dunno).
The paper bag could be found either in the light, or the entrance zone :

-In the entrance zone, the paper bag could be found in the cafeteria. It's logical, and if the player encounters 096, can get the idea to put it on its face.
-In the light containment, by adding back 096's old room, the player could find near the monster the paper bag, indicating that someone tried to put it on its face. The bag could contain an important item inside, say a severed hand, indicating that it gives the player more place for the inventory. There, the player has to make a choice : either prevent any future attacks from 096 by using the bag, or keeping it.
Alternatively, adding a scripted event could work as well. When entering 096's old room, a researcher enters the room as well, and accidently triggering 096. The scientist would ask you to give him the paper bag so he can stop 096. There, the player has a choice : either he gives the paper bag to the researcher, or keeps it for himself, as he did not see 096's face. If the player gives the paper bag away, then the researcher will try to put it on 096's face, resulting in failure and losing the paper bag. If you keep it for yourself, then you have a chance to contain 096, but you have to wait for it to calm down, or you will fail like the researcher. It might be harder to program however.
Tranquilizer Gun/Stopping 049 :
Spoiler
A new way to defend yourself against 049 and potentially the MTF.
The tranquilizer gun itself could be found in the heavy containment zone in the Warhead room, along with the bulletproof vest. The ammo however would be in 049's room. It's indicating on its page that it needs to be heavily sedated when it needs to be removed from its room. So it would make sense that the sedatives would be present there. The gun could only be fired 6 times before running out of ammo, pressuring the player to use his ammuntions wisely against 049.

Shooting 049 with the gun 1 time could slow it down, 2 shots could stop it from moving, and 3 shots would put it to sleep, stopping it from spawning. So the player here has the choice of either using 3 of his bullets on 049, or just keep the ammo. The tranquilizer gun could potentially slow down other humanoid SCPs, like 106 or 096 (it would be a waste though). Finally, it could give the player a way to defend themselves against the MTF, however it would require stealth and enough shots to put one MTF to sleep.
Temporary containment of 066/Distracting the MTF :
Spoiler
066 is according to its page contained in a "tungsten carbide box". Why not putting a somewhat similar box into the game to contain it for a short ammount of time. Since it only spawns in the entrance zone, then the box could be found in either a new room, or around 066 (indicating that it escaped from the box).
The containment is only temporary, since 066 isn't a real threat. However, it could be used against the MTF. By releasing on 066 near the soldiers, it could distract them, allowing the player to sneak behind without a worry.There could also be a chance that 066 turn against the player and hurt him.
It would overall give 066 a use rather than an annoyance.
I don't know if they're good ideas, but still, what do you all think ?