Re: SCP-772 Model Discussion

Irontaco wrote:Maybe smoke could slow them? Or maybe make them flee?

The idea of larvae crawling under your skin...Oh my god it would so freaking creepy...
This.

I think the game could benefit more if the Smoke could be used to actually help the player.

I'm going to make a few changes to the model because I messed up a bit on the legs with the modelling sheet I was using, the middle legs actually roundabout to the sides with another part of it's limbs as do the legs as well. It's actually going to probably end up averaging at 2.5 polys after I finish them.

The other hard part will be texturing it, as there are no exact images to help with texturing it that I can find online; But the patterns seems simple enough, so hopefully Photoshop can manage. I want to get them out for 0.7.0 before Reg leaves (along with 860-2).

PhelanVelvel wrote:This is my SCP, and I just want to say, I Googled "SCP-772" to get to the article page to see if any new comments had been posted, and I saw this thread. I was like, immensely flattered and happy that someone bothered to make a model of it and give thought to putting it in the game. I have thought to myself "I wonder if SCP-772 will ever be put in the SCP game." So the fact that someone else besides me considered that made me smile. :] I've toyed with ideas for other SCP's, ones maybe more subtle than "giant wasp", but somehow haven't found the time to really get into it. Just had to post, sorry if it's irrelevant, haha.
Nice, we've got another writer from the wiki here! We're happy you're okay with us using your SCP, and if it gets in it's gonna be a great enemy.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

PhelanVelvel wrote:This is my SCP, and I just want to say, I Googled "SCP-772" to get to the article page to see if any new comments had been posted, and I saw this thread. I was like, immensely flattered and happy that someone bothered to make a model of it and give thought to putting it in the game. I have thought to myself "I wonder if SCP-772 will ever be put in the SCP game." So the fact that someone else besides me considered that made me smile. :] I've toyed with ideas for other SCP's, ones maybe more subtle than "giant wasp", but somehow haven't found the time to really get into it. Just had to post, sorry if it's irrelevant, haha.
Greetings! Awesome to have another author here, I was browsing the wiki for possible hostile Euclid SCP's and thought 772 would be a nice addition. I actually messed up on the model a bit, the legs are supposed to have some more joints and needed sculpting on the main body a bit more =) but I think I can just quickly texture + animate it and them possibly ready for the next update of the game. Creeeeepy crawlers.

Reminds me a little too much of the mist. Which in all seriousness is pretty similar, but monsters in this game are supposed to be... scary. Not that this isn't, but this one makes me want to grab the nearest lethal-device and scream OH LORD KILL IT

I've been going into more thought on SCP-772 and how it could be more 'scary' rather than just it just becoming a random NPC obstacle for the player to overcome in-game. I remember a scene from Starship Troopers about a giant wasp similiar to 772 that attacks + terminates a soldier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFFDD18fYC4&t=0m24s

I'm looking to turn that original model I posted into a High-Poly sculpt and fix up a couple things related to it's anatomy..

Vane Brain wrote:
laurhead wrote:are you going to add scp - 772 to scp containment breach?
If we will have model of 772 then yes.
Current answer: no
You could instead redirect new users to the rules page, as they don't know posting in really old threads is against the rules.

KirbyMario12345 wrote:You could instead redirect new users to the rules page, as they don't know posting in really old threads is against the rules.
That's not nessecarily against the rules though, should the thread be revived for actual discussion.mods don't care anyway lol