Re: SCP-772 Model Discussion

ndi05 wrote:I don't think they would be scary but the main reason is how can you avoid them?
BTW how is the attack animation going to look like?
Hmm, I suppose your right on the fear factor; but I think if we went through the SCP wiki only picking out things that look like SCP-966's and Jeff the Killers, would it be that authentic? On the attack animation as well I was thinking they'll come charging fast with the ovipositor and try to stab the player.
Sparks wrote:What program you used?
Blender?
Yes, Blender 2.64a -- I started about mid-august this year and it's been a blast.

Couple of questions and an idea. After reading the article, I realize SCP:CB is "loosely based" to an extent, and in the article it states that they "They act with extreme aggression toward anything that moves" and "Both sexes are highly resilient to firearms, incendiary devices, and insecticides." Based off the latter, I came up with the idea that the SCP could be affixed to a select number of rooms, and in a "puzzle-like manner" you can switch off/lower the oxygen levels in the rooms that they are located in order to avoid certain death since "Asphyxiation by oxygen-deficient air has proven uniformly successful." The other option is that you can run past them, but they chase, maybe not as hardcore as SCP 096 style but in a horrifying buzzing, swarming state.

To make them slightly scary, I would make their sound effects loud as though they were crawling into your ears, and they should crawl across the screen too as big black silhouettes twitching and buzzing on the screen. That would make people a bit jumpy.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

I found a very good wasp sound effect on youtube, like WhiteAce said, distortion will make much more SCP-esque and creepy for gameplay. I hope you consider it. Has Regalis confirmed this for addition yet?

Wasp Sound Effect
I am officially SCP-426. I am a toaster, and people refer to me in first person. This memetic quality is one of my best traits!

From PM:
Mirocaine wrote:As well, I also have made a model for SCP-772 (Giant Wasps), they're not too high poly as well (2k polys) Still have to do textures and animations though. You think you'll be too add them in before your tour of duty?
Regalis wrote:I guess so, writing an AI for them shouldn't be much of a problem. Do you have any ideas on how they should be implemented? I think there could be maybe half a dozen of them randomly placed around the map, and while they wouldn't be a major threat themselves (their attacks could just cause some minor bleeding), they would force the player to rush out of the room, which can be dangerous if SCP-173 or something else is in the next room...

Mirocaine wrote:From PM:
Mirocaine wrote:As well, I also have made a model for SCP-772 (Giant Wasps), they're not too high poly as well (2k polys) Still have to do textures and animations though. You think you'll be too add them in before your tour of duty?
Regalis wrote:I guess so, writing an AI for them shouldn't be much of a problem. Do you have any ideas on how they should be implemented? I think there could be maybe half a dozen of them randomly placed around the map, and while they wouldn't be a major threat themselves (their attacks could just cause some minor bleeding), they would force the player to rush out of the room, which can be dangerous if SCP-173 or something else is in the next room...
Great, Regalis is planning on implementing them soon, which will definitely ramp up the difficulty. I hope Regalis considers using that sound file, it's pretty good with the fade away and constant noise.
I am officially SCP-426. I am a toaster, and people refer to me in first person. This memetic quality is one of my best traits!

I think they should roam in a select few rooms but including some of the hallways, you wouldn't have a facility with insect free hallways. Something else though is you should be able to close doors without worrying about them opening the doors, so run through a hallway or a catwalk or something while being chased by them, then shut the door behind you on their faces while shitting bricks.

I think while they are surrounding you, you should have increased sprint untill you get away from them as if the player was in a "Panic" state.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

If Regalis is most certainly contemplating putting them in, I'd be happy to provide some sounds. Some idle buzzing, and attacking noises? What I have in mind the noises themselves, would be metallic-like clicking noises. (see tracker jackers from THG movie for something similar) Edit: Here they are, the titles are probably self-explanatory as what they are necessarily. https://soundcloud.com/redacted-2/sets/ ... itic-wasps
Regalis wrote:I think there could be maybe half a dozen of them randomly placed around the map, and while they wouldn't be a major threat themselves (their attacks could just cause some minor bleeding), they would force the player to rush out of the room, which can be dangerous if SCP-173 or something else is in the next room...
I think they should be a bit more deadly. If you don't use a first aid kit on them, you'll receive messages like,

"The wound is swelling."

"There's something writhing under your skin."

"You feel a gnawing beneath the gash."

"Something is spreading."

Your screen will blur, and you'll limp as if you've been shot multiple times. Eventually, you'll get one last message, along the lines of,

"Something is making it's way past your ribs.", and you'll collapse.
It slep time bunner.