Re: The lure subject ending.

GruntunitG602 wrote:
Deus_Ex45 wrote:
GruntunitG602 wrote:Sounds interesting, but what if 106 catches him?
As i said, The Lure Subject can be killed by SCPs and MTF Units, if 106 catches him, he won't survive the pocket dimension and will die... but you gave me an interesting idea :idea: ... what about, if the Lure Subject get dragged to the PD, and after that you encounter 106 and get Dragged as well, in the PD you can see the Dead Body of The Lure Subject, this way, people will know that he didn't survive*. Thanks for the Reply
Sounds like a good idea. If he talks to the player maybe you will feel even more bad for him.
Yeah, actualy, i made this idea because i was feeling realy bad about killing this guy... and now he speaks as you kill him (damnit), and i made this idea to help him have at least a best role on the game
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
In the end... there will be Pizza
None shall stop us
All problems can be solved, with an FLAMETROWER!1!

Perhaps, if he gets taken to the Pocket Dimension, and you end up there you could hear him speak (You'd never see him.) You would hear him, maybe, at first sounding confused and scared, and then alert and maybe screaming for mercy as 106 chases him, perhaps as he is being killed his voice could become more and more distroted untill it's nothing but noise.

A Hideous Beast wrote:Perhaps, if he gets taken to the Pocket Dimension, and you end up there you could hear him speak (You'd never see him.) You would hear him, maybe, at first sounding confused and scared, and then alert and maybe screaming for mercy as 106 chases him, perhaps as he is being killed his voice could become more and more distroted untill it's nothing but noise.
we are discussing about the idea of implementing sound in the PD, your idea is realy good, not only would give the player more scary stuff in the PD as it would give more terror to the game. i like it
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
None shall stop us

If you get caught like 1-3 minutes after him, you could hear that like 5-10 seconds after exploring. You then later find his dead body. (Either totally decomposed or just like... black blood. Somehow.)
If you get caught like 5-10 minutes later you will only find his dead body. Or nothing at all, just black stuff.
Uhm. Yeah, can't come up with anything.

GruntunitG602 wrote:If you get caught like 1-3 minutes after him, you could hear that like 5-10 seconds after exploring. You then later find his dead body. (Either totally decomposed or just like... black blood. Somehow.)
If you get caught like 5-10 minutes later you will only find his dead body. Or nothing at all, just black stuff.
i think your idea is good, but i think it needs more time... like: to hear him and find the corroded body, 1-10 minutes, after 10 minutes, you can't hear him or find the body anymore
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
None shall stop us

Juicy wrote:The option of releasing the lure subject could be cool but I think that being alone, without allies, makes the game scarier.

The lure subject may escape alone, finding you near an ending door.

If so, you could be betrayed or something like that (I think that fits in the game esthetics).
Betrayal... sound like a good idea, maybe, when they add a new ending, i add a new Lure Subject Ending. Controlling 2 carachters and taking care of both could get the game even more challenging, think about it, awesome isn't it?
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
None shall stop us

I don't think this is a good idea. I'm not a critic or anything like that, but during my experience playing the game, one of the things that make it so scary is the feeling of isolation and vunerability. Having a companion with the player in the game will cut the amount of fear by a significant amount.

Another reason against this is that the ai might be a little bit...clumsy. I'm NOT saying that the collaboration of people who made this game are bad at it. Not at all. Its just that there have been past problems with 'ulgrin's walking path during the power outage in the beggining of the game and that there is a chance there might be issues with the lure subject's ai when going through the doors and having players wait for him to keep up.

It's a great idea, but i'm just sharing my thoughts on how it would affect the game. I think it is a better experience for the player to have the decision of using the femur breaker on the lure subject to recontain 106 or let him be and have a harder time in the game with larry occasionaly chasing him down.

:106:
just needed to put that here