Re: 096's Spawns?

chris0matic wrote:Since he always appears in lockroom. It isnt scary anymore. and unrealistic. So why not have him spawn once randomly in any place on the map... besides starter room.
I like this idea, so he could spawn in the maintenance tunnels...

Well, it's completely unfair, in my opinion to just walk down a random hallway and up into his face. He needs to have pre-set locations (which I do indeed hope there will be more of), otherwise the game might as well spawn 173 right behind you in a hallway.
It slep time bunner.

I believe there was something about 096 spawning in offices and other rooms then it's lockroom on the old forums. It was agreed that he shouldn't because the player needs to be warn of it's presence (mainly because of how dangerous it is). I also disagree with the stance that it's lockroom is 'unrealistic'. I think it adds a dramatic effect without being too far from the realm of being believable.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

MrJPenguin1 wrote:What if he only spawns if you are near an exit, just like the MTF's?
Erm, that's still rather unfair. He's not meant to be a free roaming enemy, he just sits in one location as an obstacle, in a pre-determined location. I personally think he should have his own chamber where he'll tend to spawn and explore on his own.
It slep time bunner.

096 could walk around the faclity, this way you will still be able to pass by him, also, when your next to him, Other SCPs wont be able to spawn
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
In the end... there will be Pizza
None shall stop us
All problems can be solved, with an FLAMETROWER!1!

Omniary wrote:
MrJPenguin1 wrote:What if he only spawns if you are near an exit, just like the MTF's?
Erm, that's still rather unfair. He's not meant to be a free roaming enemy, he just sits in one location as an obstacle, in a pre-determined location. I personally think he should have his own chamber where he'll tend to spawn and explore on his own.
I personally think he would be pretty easy to avoid because of the loud sounds he makes. Just my opinion.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

Deus_Ex45 wrote:096 could walk around the faclity, this way you will still be able to pass by him, also, when your next to him, Other SCPs wont be able to spawn
If 096 were to walk around the facility, you'd basically have the chance of seeing it's face at any moment, it's completely unfair.
Regalis wrote:[..] it would also have to be put in some predetermined location for the same reasons as 682 (It won't be put in as a free-roaming enemy like 173 or 106). The player would also have to be warned of its presence before revealing it.
MrJPenguin1 wrote:
Omniary wrote:
I personally think he would be pretty easy to avoid because of the loud sounds he makes. Just my opinion.
Still, the MTF's make incredibly loud noises, yet they're still hard to avoid under most circumstances.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Deus_Ex45 wrote:096 could walk around the faclity, this way you will still be able to pass by him, also, when your next to him, Other SCPs wont be able to spawn
If 096 were to walk around the facility, you'd basically have the chance of seeing it's face at any moment, it's completely unfair.

Then... for gaming reasons, we could give him a view range to start the agitated emotional state, and give him a a way to spo5 him in the darkness (lik2 scp-106 glowing eyes)
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
In the end... there will be Pizza
None shall stop us
All problems can be solved, with an FLAMETROWER!1!