Overhauling some of the SFX

So I've noticed a major sound improvement over the last few versions. The ambient sound effects and voice acting is nearly at AAA game levels. It's very impressive. However, the existence of a few sub par sound effects that simply haven't been updated in a while really takes me out of it. Especially considering all of the new sound effects. Here's a small list of the sounds I think should be redone and what they should sound like.

1. MTF/Guard footsteps: Right now, they sound like metallic dinosaurs clopping around. It's easy to tell where they are yes, but it's incredibly unrealistic. D-9341's footsteps sound way better when compared. Maybe the current footstep sounds for NPC's could simply be replaced by D-9341's foot sounds to add more consistency in sound design.

2. Apache engine/rotor/M230 sound effect: of all of the SFX, the gun on the apache helicopter sounds the most unrealistic. The real thing sounds so much more beefy. Apache's also have different engine and rotor sounds from the ones currently in the game: Apache Helicopter and M230 firing sound: https://youtu.be/snTf9Qs2yLA These definitely need changing.

3. The P90 guns sounds for MTF and Guards: This is pretty simple. The current gun sounds like....well I can't really describe it. It sounds like someone shooting a low powered airsoft gun at a thin metal wall. The real thing sounds like this: P90 PDW sounds: https://youtu.be/heWuhDADCu8 Second video: https://youtu.be/8xDJtZ2VK6k

I think this could easily be done and would add a rather nice touch to an already vastly improved game. Tell me what you guys think. Also, I'll need help finding sound effects. I think I might be able to find these sound effects on YouTube, but it's probably better to get them somewhere else.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

Re: Overhauling some of the SFX

Nice. Just to be sure, as I had almost gotten into trouble in the past while we were developing an Android game as a thesis, all the sounds you're finding particularly at FreeSounds must have a Creative Commons license that shouldn't affect its status once it's on the game:
  • CC-0 (Public Domain, but to be fair it is difficult to find high-quality public domain sounds)
    CC BY 3.0/4.0 (Attribution, where credit and link to original file is required as is the case with the helicopter sound you found)
    CC BY-SA 3.0/4.0 (ShareAlike, which is same as Attribution in addition to requiring what was actually made to be under ShareAlike as well, which thankfully SCP:CB already has a license of)
CC BY-ND 3.0/4.0 (NoDerivatives) license is OK, it's just that the file can't be modified when distributed, it has to be as is; also, credit is still required.
CC BY-NC 3.0/4.0 (NonCommercial) license meanwhile is very tricky to get by because the definition of "commercial" is relative; it applies more on mass distribution than solely preventing for-profit use. Not recommending to get files with this one for the game.

P.S.: Hopefully the mods don't check it, but one post would have suffice on this thread, not three. XD
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.