My Friend is Having Issues Downloading the Game

I made an account on here just so i could post about this cause I just don't know how to fix this.

I've been chatting with my friend via Steam instructuction him on how to download SCP but eventually we gave up after multiple issues he ran into.

He has a windows 10 computer.

When he first downloaded the game, he extracted the files but in the middle of extracting he got an error message "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error" this is followed below the message with a .jpg called "leaflet".

I went into the GTX files in the scp folder and sure enough i found the leaflet file in GTX, it is the sheet you find after touching the atrocity skull. This confused me because it really shouldn't cause any issues at all, so he clicks the skip button basically cancelling the extraction but some folders did extract already including the scp application so he launches SCP:CB and immediately afterwards he got this error message:
"the code execution cannot proceed because fmod.dll was not found. Reinstalling this program may fix this problem".

We go through a couple other things to try and fix it, the extracting worked one time but we still got the same message about fmod.dll

I honestly don't know what the heck is happening but i suspect maybe he has some program that could be interfering with the game files somehow. If anyone here can help that would be very appreciated.