Re: [v0.9] MAVs and other Bugs...

hello199809 wrote:That doesn't seem logical, for the description of SCP-895 states that camera/video disruptions are dependent on the distance from the coffin itself. For instance, the monitors in the airlock room with the timer button sometimes behave the same as the monitor above 895's chamber, even if the room spawns on the other side of the map. In SCP terms, that should not happen.
YEAH, you're right. But the game does not need to be EXTREMELY-CANON, it just needs to follow them as best as it can. :)
And it says that the allucinations appear when you record SCP-895 with an electronic device within a certain range (50 meters for the "standard allucinations", 5 meters for the lethal ones...).

IN THE GAME:
Since the camera that is filming 895 is enough close to it to make its effects appear in the lethal form, if you display the same images took with that camera on other screens, the effects will still appear (since the distance of the coffin IN THE RECORDING is still the same...)... Unless you use SCP-714 or other "Telekill SCPs", like SCP-148... (that is already in the game; it got with the last update: v0.9. For SCP-714, it has been in the game for some versions already...)
So, if you move the camera that looks at 895 away from it (to prevent the effects) but the coffin gets still filmed, you will still get the hallucinations but they will not be lethal...
Last edited by Mr. Shy-Guy on Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

hello199809 wrote:
Irontaco wrote:That doesn't seem logical, for the description of SCP-895 states that camera/video disruptions are dependent on the distance from the coffin itself. For instance, the monitors in the airlock room with the timer button sometimes behave the same as the monitor above 895's chamber, even if the room spawns on the other side of the map. In SCP terms, that should not happen.
I think you misunderstand 895's logic. The hallucinations are dependent of the distance between the camera and 895, not the viewer and 895.

I do think you should see the actual broadcast though, even if it's just a static image, since right now it just look like you're getting hallucinations off of the room that it's showing. Also, it'd be nice if 079 could corrupt computer screens as well with 895.
It slep time bunner.

hello199809 wrote:That doesn't seem logical, for the description of SCP-895 states that camera/video disruptions are dependent on the distance from the coffin itself. For instance, the monitors in the airlock room with the timer button sometimes behave the same as the monitor above 895's chamber, even if the room spawns on the other side of the map. In SCP terms, that should not happen.
Did you read what Irontaco said? He said 079 is displaying 895s camera feed across the facility.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Thanks for helping me clear it up guys, I understand why that is happening. A death message when looking at a monitor for too long (not in 895's chamber) read:

"What we know is that he died of cardiac arrest. My guess is that it was caused by SCP-895, although it hasn't been observed affecting video equipment from this far before. Further testing is needed to determine if SCP-895's effect is spreading."

This cleared it up for me, but I kind of feel stupid now. :| :oops:

hello199809 wrote:Thanks for helping me clear it up guys, I understand why that is happening. A death message when looking at a monitor for too long (not in 895's chamber) read:

"What we know is that he died of cardiac arrest. My guess is that it was caused by SCP-895, although it hasn't been observed affecting video equipment from this far before. Further testing is needed to determine if SCP-895's effect is spreading."

This cleared it up for me, but I kind of feel stupid now. :| :oops:
It's ok, buddy. *pats on back*
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Regalis wrote:Are you sure that SCP-173 wasn't already somewhere in the room (or some room next to you)? If you heard him moving before he appeared, it might be possible that he was just somewhere near you and moved next to you instead of teleporting. The elevator isn't a new spawn - SCP-173 moves around randomly and sometimes he ends up in elevators or other weird places.
I got a video with SCP-173 doing that, plus on other videos even killing me before I even blink. Yes I am looking right at him when he does this.

http://youtu.be/YiOiYBbg0RY?t=33s

:173: = CHEATER!!!!!