Does anyone else have this?

My radio (Upgraded to 'Fine' on 914) and my S-NAV Ultimate (Upgraded to 'Very Fine' on 914) are both impossible to use. For the radio, I can't listen to the channels, and the numbers don't show up on the screen, so it's useless. For my S-NAV (BTW, that's what the electric map is called), it doesn't show the lines representing the walls on the screen, making it almost useless. It does tell me where the SCPs are nearby, but as a map, it has no use. They both have batteries in them. Anyone else have this bug?

Re: Does anyone else have this?

Blackbird wrote:My radio (Upgraded to 'Fine' on 914) and my S-NAV Ultimate (Upgraded to 'Very Fine' on 914) are both impossible to use. For the radio, I can't listen to the channels, and the numbers don't show up on the screen, so it's useless. For my S-NAV (BTW, that's what the electric map is called), it doesn't show the lines representing the walls on the screen, making it almost useless. It does tell me where the SCPs are nearby, but as a map, it has no use. They both have batteries in them. Anyone else have this bug?
(BTW, that's what the electric map is called)
Thanks for the information.
For the radio, I can't listen to the channels, and the numbers don't show up on the screen, so it's useless.
it doesn't show the lines representing the walls on the screen, making it almost useless. It does tell me where the SCPs are nearby, but as a map, it has no use.
Well I have seen the radio bug once. As for the S-NAV bug, I haven't tried it yet.
They both have batteries in them.

My radio (Upgraded to 'Fine' on 914) and my S-NAV Ultimate (Upgraded to 'Very Fine' on 914)

Anyways, I would say the best way to fix these bugs is to download and install MonocleBio's bugfix or download and install the Box of Horrors mod.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

CLgaming wrote: Anyways, I would say the best way to fix these bugs is to download and install MonocleBio's bugfix or download and install the Box of Horrors mod.
I can't speak for juan or sam, but I haven't done anything to the radios or the navigators in my minor bugfixes.

I'm not home at the moment and I also have midterms and visas to write this week, so if you could explain how the other forms of the radios or navigators are affected, it would make it easier for myself (or juan and reg for that matter) to fix it.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I know what it is, I'll upload it tomorrow when I get home. You might want to do the writeup anyways, just in case I'm wrong.
EDIT2: NVM, what I fixed doesn't correspond to what you described. Still waiting for that writeup.
Last edited by MonocleBios on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M-x dingus-mode

Serimah wrote:Wait, for the S-NAV and Radio to "break" like that is normal from what I remember. After all, SCP-914 does have a chance to break your items when you put them in.
Because I distinctly remember someone mentioning the "radio-bug" ages ago until someone responded that it was intentional due to 914 breaking it.
Where on earth did you hear that?
M-x dingus-mode

Serimah wrote:Wait, for the S-NAV and Radio to "break" like that is normal from what I remember. After all, SCP-914 does have a chance to break your items when you put them in.
Because I distinctly remember someone mentioning the "radio-bug" ages ago until someone responded that it was intentional due to 914 breaking it.
Well, that might be right for the radio, but the S-NAV is sometimes broken just after I found it, meaning it IS a bug, and same thing sometimes happen with the radio, so it can't (always) be 914's fault.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Houshalter wrote:Is it possible to complete the game without using the map or radio or do I have to restart every time this happens? Would manually backing up my save files work to prevent this?
yeah, its completely possible to beat the game without any of those, it only has a tiny bit more difficulty because you have to memorize room locations and the like.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango