Re: Dealing with Memory Access Violations

deathbydragon wrote:Hey, so my game successfully loads (yay!), though I've had to skip the intro sequence since the guy kept getting stuck in the door on the way to SCP 173 (ugh..). Once I got into heavy containment, I almost immediately found SCP 049's room. However, every time I go down there it throws a MAV and crashes. It's not immediately after I go down, but a bit after I turn the elevators back on, so I have been able to retrieve the card but not escape. Luckily I did not save down there (learned from a previous file in which the elevators said they were moving and never came, leaving me stranded), so I still have access to the rest of the game. Is there a way to avoid 049's room and still complete the game? You know, other than trying to brute force for the omni card :shock: . Also if anyone knows how to stop/prevent these types of MAVs, i'm all ears.
Thanks
I don't but according to the developers it's an error with SCP-049's pathfinding. Version 1.3 is coming soon, and it's supposed to fix that error, so sit tight.

DarkTrapt wrote:The error also occurs when trying to play custom music too. Please help on this one. I want to listen to doom metal. Thanks for the help!
From SFX/Usertracks/usertracks.txt
Place .ogg/.wav files in this folder to play them through the radio. Go into the options menu and click the "Check user tracks" button to have the game re-check this directory for new files.

When you find a radio, go to channel 1 to listen to your tracks.
Make sure that your music files are OGG and WAV. If you have a different audio file, download Audacity and its FFMPEG library to support all files then do the following:
1) Make sure that under Edit > Preferences > Libraries that the FFmpeg library version is read, otherwise, you will locate where you installed it.
2) Open the audio/video file for the user track you want to have.
3) Go to File > Export Audio and then choose under the dropdown of Save As Type either:
  • WAV Microsoft Signed 16-bit PCM - will produce lossless files at 1411kbps
    Ogg Vorbis files - at quality 5 it's OK, has same quality as SoundCloud streams; quality 7-9 would have higher bitrates and higher quality if you really want to; quality 10 is overkill at 300+kbps if I recall correctly
4) And then put the tracks at SFX/Usertracks
5) As said above on the text file, recheck the option.

Otherwise, this might be a bug if you already have redownloaded the full 1.3.7 game.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

I've tried just about everything on this but whenever I open a document/SCP-Navigator it randomly gives me a memory access violation. I got real mad after I reached one of the last doors on the all achievement keter run, but when I opened the last file it gave me a MAV, pissing me off into oblivion. I have a pretty shitty $200 laptop so I run at a highest of 20FPS, so I don't know if it has to do with that. I'm currently on latest version. PS: I know it doesn't relate to MAV, but could I get a texture pack for Unity, to make it look like the original? All help is appreciated.

Hi everyone. I hope that somebody can see this because it looks like this thread is quite old now...

Anyway, when I open SCP in Wine on my Mac I can use the launcher and launch the game, but when a try to load a new game it loads to 45% and then gives me a Memory Access Violation error message.

If anybody can see this, can you please help me!
Thanks.

BoomiCat wrote:Hi everyone. I hope that somebody can see this because it looks like this thread is quite old now...

Anyway, when I open SCP in Wine on my Mac I can use the launcher and launch the game, but when a try to load a new game it loads to 45% and then gives me a Memory Access Violation error message.

If anybody can see this, can you please help me!
Thanks.
Try to use this tip by one user from Discord
SCPCB works perfectly on WINE if DLL "allcodecs" is installed from the winetricks wineprefix DLL installation menu.