Re: Dealing with Memory Access Violations

slender1200 wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:How is it wrong? I've tested it with at least 4 other PC's, and it runs fine. The forth being the Spectre or whatever the hell it's called. PM me, I can give some quick results, like I said.
Did you read CommanderPro100's post? He appears to be right.

Did you read my post?

Oh, but screw it, apparently I can't do shit to try and find out something on my own.

Bye.

If it counts for anything, I've never been able to accurately pinpoint when and where a MAV will happen in all of the versions I have played. Sometimes I do something in one version to get a MAV, then in the next version I do the same thing and I don't a MAV. I used to be able to go into the coffin's room (can't remember number) and everything was fine, but as of 1.1.5, I get a MAV. To me it's just random.

I have the exact same problem for a while now. Opened a thread about it a while ago on this forum, but no help at all to make it work.

I am considering looking for a slightly older patch of the game soon, had almost no MAV problems with 1.2 or the one just before that. In 1.2.2 quite a few people got MAV`s at the room between the two blast doors leading to 079, which was fixed in patch 1.2.3.

But 1.2.3 brought in the MAV problem you and i (and without a doubt, a few others) have with the lever in 049`s containment room.

Sprayerdude220 wrote:
Mr. Guy wrote:I'd like to say, when debugging a game with a MAV, it will give you the real answer to what causes the error. GG Blitz3D, GG.
Whelp, now it all depends on if the developer knows about this, and if he doesn't that he sees this.
Regalis definitely knows about it. The problem though is that it's impossible for Regalis to figure out how an MAV someone is having unless he knows exactly how to replicate it, which is why most bug reports that consist only of "game MAV'd plz help" get ignored.

Hey, so my game successfully loads (yay!), though I've had to skip the intro sequence since the guy kept getting stuck in the door on the way to SCP 173 (ugh..). Once I got into heavy containment, I almost immediately found SCP 049's room. However, every time I go down there it throws a MAV and crashes. It's not immediately after I go down, but a bit after I turn the elevators back on, so I have been able to retrieve the card but not escape. Luckily I did not save down there (learned from a previous file in which the elevators said they were moving and never came, leaving me stranded), so I still have access to the rest of the game. Is there a way to avoid 049's room and still complete the game? You know, other than trying to brute force for the omni card :shock: . Also if anyone knows how to stop/prevent these types of MAVs, i'm all ears.

Thanks