Re: 1.0.3 General bug report thread. BUG SQUASHERS!

There seems to be a 173 bug. :EXPUNGED: I led him down a hall towards MTF hoping to contain him. MTF ignored 173, and did not capture him. i reloaded several times and they still would not capture him, they continued to shoot me, even after i died.

While I was walking through the HCZ, i entered the room where 106 walks past. As i walked in, 106 didn't exit the wall, he just instantly appeared. He didn't exit the floor or walls. And I read that 106 can emerge from the ceiling. I have yet to see this, unless him instantly appearing without warning is that.

SCP-096 will spawn in the server room, even if he has already spawned in his containment room. In addition, holding down the spacebar doesn't keep him from entering rage. I held space as i entered and he still attacked me with my eyes closed.
Please, I know what to do. I've done this hundreds of times... Oops.

Xenonlord wrote:There seems to be a 173 bug. :EXPUNGED: I led him down a hall towards MTF hoping to contain him. MTF ignored 173, and did not capture him. i reloaded several times and they still would not capture him, they continued to shoot me, even after i died.

While I was walking through the HCZ, i entered the room where 106 walks past. As i walked in, 106 didn't exit the wall, he just instantly appeared. He didn't exit the floor or walls. And I read that 106 can emerge from the ceiling. I have yet to see this, unless him instantly appearing without warning is that.

SCP-096 will spawn in the server room, even if he has already spawned in his containment room. In addition, holding down the spacebar doesn't keep him from entering rage. I held space as i entered and he still attacked me with my eyes closed.
First one does tend to happen in 0.9.3 (especially when you spawn him in the console).

Second one... Hmm... weird. Didn't happen to me ever.

Third one... well, it's technically really hard to judge as to whether you actually anger 096 or not, even when you perceive not seeing him. As for the two instances of him, yeah, I guess it really is a bug.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Accension wrote:-Gas room becomes entirely black except for the screen if viewed from across a room.
Spoiler
I'm guessing you changed your fog. If yes, the room is not rendering, because it only renders as far as the default fog goes. It will render doors, screens, buttons and levers though. And sometimes spawn items to fall through the floor.

And I've also had the bug with 106 randomly spawning in the grated hallway. I think it also happened for someone I saw on YouTube.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Accension wrote:-Gas room becomes entirely black except for the screen if viewed from across a room.
That's probably from juan's recent fix to performance issues. Shouldn't be that hard to fix by extending the adjacent room logic.
WillWow_mc wrote: I'm guessing you changed your fog.
Doubt it, if this was the case you wouldn't be able to see the screen either. Juan's fix only affected the room mesh, so it seems pretty clear that this is caused by looking through adjacent rooms.
M-x dingus-mode

Some of the other general problems with the new room placement, there are some older documents (Security clearance docs etc.) that spawn in the entrance zone now but would be more helpful if they spawned at the start. Also even in version 1.0.4 the guards still disappear when you look to high. :I
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

MonocleBios wrote:
That's probably from juan's recent fix to performance issues. Shouldn't be that hard to fix by extending the adjacent room logic.
WillWow_mc wrote: I'm guessing you changed your fog.
Doubt it, if this was the case you wouldn't be able to see the screen either. Juan's fix only affected the room mesh, so it seems pretty clear that this is caused by looking through adjacent rooms.
I meant to make the fog further, so you see where the objects are but the room hasn't rendered. To see what I mean, turn noclip on and camerafog to 150 200, and look around. You can see the doors and stuff but the rooms won't be there until you get close enough.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

aaro4130 wrote:Bump mapping is still broken when going down elevators or on any quick loading screen it will cause a MAV.
That's a bug with SCP-939, where the game does FreeBrush twice, the second time crashes the game.
To fix that, change 939's bump mapping code to this:

Code: Select all

If BumpEnabled Then
	bump1 = LoadTexture_Strict("GFX\npcs\scp-939_licker_normal.png")
	TextureBlend bump1, FE_BUMP

For i = 2 To CountSurfaces(n\obj)
		sf = GetSurface(n\obj,i)
		b = GetSurfaceBrush( sf )
		If b<>0 Then
			t1 = GetBrushTexture(b,0)
			If t1<>0 Then
				Select Lower(StripPath(TextureName(t1)))
					Case "scp-939-licker_diffusetest01.png"

BrushTexture b, bump1, 0, 0
						BrushTexture b, t1, 0, 1
						PaintSurface sf,b

;If StripPath(TextureName(t1)) <> "" Then FreeTexture t1
						;FreeBrush b	
				End Select
				FreeTexture t1
			EndIf
			FreeBrush b
		EndIf
	Next
	FreeTexture bump1
EndIf

Can we get a version 1.0.4 General Bug Report Thread? I am on 1.0.4 and am having an issue where right after the intro, my sprint is permanently locked from being usable. It works right until the intro SCP escapes. It doesn't matter if I play the intro, or start a new game with intro skipped, the sprint is still locked.....
(neither searching the bug pages or search function on sprint isn't bringing up any relevant issues... sorry if its mentioned but I don't see this anywhere)

this is particularly weird since I can use sprint all I want up until that point.... I mean, it's not like he snapped my leg in the intro or something is it? I tried playing like this, and it actually proved impossible... particularly at the area I needed to run thru gas filled room with an SCP in it.

Also.... I tried observing the issue with debugHUD up, but failed to notice anything worth mentioning.
it all seemed pretty normal to me.