A LOT of V1.0.4 Windows 8 bugs

I use a Windows 8 computer (not sure if this info helps) and have encountered some bugs that I have reported before but have not been fixed.

When in fullscreen mode, there is a rather annoying flashing graphical error on the bottom half of the screen.

Whenever I load up a custom map, it crashes with a MAV error when I enter the next room after the intro sequence.

In the light containment zone, I found a sideways heavy containment zone door on one of the corner rooms. I think it was the corner with the elevator to SCP-939 but I am not sure.

When you try no clipping in SCP-860-1, you are forced to the ground. When I tried looking down and flying backwards, SCP-860-1 just vanished and I couldn't find it, causing me to reload the game. (This makes it a bit annoying when testing SCP-860-1)

SCP-173 seems to be able to clip through the walls of the small testing room in the light containment zone.

Some of the checkpoints just lead to dead ends. Example, a heavy containment zone checkpoint can just lead to a containment chamber and nothing else.

SCP-939 tends to get stuck on support struts and walls. Pathfinding should be worked up on a little to prevent this.

When you click on an elevator button, it plays the same error sound when inserting a too low of a level keycard.

I have never seen MTF unit Nine Tailed Fox re-contain SCP-173 or SCP-106. This should be more common.

Also you are now forced to help out SCP-079 :079_2: which can be a pain since he is located in the light containment zone when his containment chamber looks like it should be in the entrance zone. This means a ton of backtracking.

PS the guardian is super cute and I wish he is my pet :D

If you found bugs that I didn't, please respond to this topic and let us know.
...Eric?...

Re: A LOT of V1.0.4 Windows 8 bugs

Same here i get this annoying flicking kind of thing at the bottom of my screen which mostly kills me because i can not see clearly how much my in game eye can take before it needs to blink also SCP 173 keeps glitching through walls even on seed built maps.

Info for creator just in case:

Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM: 4.00GB but i can only use 3.90GB
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 620

My system is also 64 bit and i have loads and loads of space left for the game to save stuff if it needs to and when i have any game playing i mostly have 2.80GB of RAM left to use and my Processor thing on the task manager is 24%

Blitz 3D is a huge pain, isn't it...

At least I know it isn't windows 8. It could be to do with users, hard drives (I use an external hdd), options and more.
Maybe see if turning anti-aliasing and the other anti-something and bump mapping off. Do it in options.ini with notepad. juanjpro knows why the heavy containment door appears, I think he said something about some endroomc or something. Maybe no-clip through the wall (up direction on the s-nav) when you get that, and see if a HCZ endroom or something is there.

I'm not very good at telling people stuff in brief, simple instructions, so sorry if it is hard to understand.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Mylittledashie1990 wrote:Same here i get this annoying flicking kind of thing at the bottom of my screen which mostly kills me because i can not see clearly how much my in game eye can take before it needs to blink also SCP 173 keeps glitching through walls even on seed built maps.
You can get rid of the flickering by playing in windowed mode BTW.
...Eric?...

WoodenGlass wrote:My responses are in italics, and by the way, I haven't tested 1.0.4 so I know that my remarks might be considered pointless, but based on the changelog and other statements so far that have been made, there isn't much of a difference in 1.0.3 and 1.0.4.
I use a Windows 8 computer (not sure if this info helps) and have encountered some bugs that I have reported before but have not been fixed. From what I've read, a lot of people using Windows 8 really are having problems with SCP:CB. I guess (as some others have said too) it's because Blitz3D is relatively old which is why a very new OS (Windows 8) can't handle Blitz3D too much?

When in fullscreen mode, there is a rather annoying flashing graphical error on the bottom half of the screen. Windowed mode seems to work fine.

Whenever I load up a custom map, it crashes with a MAV error when I enter the next room after the intro sequence. This is as far back as 1.0, I think: it's a really annoying MAV, and it always happens on one point when the new intro commences. I think it's got something to do with the intro itself, since even teleporting out of there causes the MAV.

In the light containment zone, I found a sideways heavy containment zone door on one of the corner rooms. I think it was the corner with the elevator to SCP-939 but I am not sure. Delete endroomC from rooms.ini. Dunno why it's still there. Should have been erased by now.

When you try no clipping in SCP-860-1, you are forced to the ground. When I tried looking down and flying backwards, SCP-860-1 just vanished and I couldn't find it, causing me to reload the game. (This makes it a bit annoying when testing SCP-860-1)Same for me, dunno why. Better ask the devs about that.

SCP-173 seems to be able to clip through the walls of the small testing room in the light containment zone. SCP-173 seems to be having spawn bugs again, falling down the floors a number of times (based on my few tests).

Some of the checkpoints just lead to dead ends. Example, a heavy containment zone checkpoint can just lead to a containment chamber and nothing else.Happens frequently too. Worse, there's like FOUR checkpoints now, which seems too excessive for some reason.

SCP-939 tends to get stuck on support struts and walls. Pathfinding should be worked up on a little to prevent this.Agreed, I guess.

When you click on an elevator button, it plays the same error sound when inserting a too low of a level keycard.Well Regalis seemed to have intended the sound to be that way.

I have never seen MTF unit Nine Tailed Fox re-contain SCP-173 or SCP-106. This should be more common.Arguably it seems as if this problem stems back as far as 0.9.3, because when I spawn 173 or 173's near me with the MTF, they never capture him, they instead just shoot me always. As for 106, well, I read that they run away from him if they see him, so I guess... same thing?

Also you are now forced to help out SCP-079 :079_2: which can be a pain since he is located in the light containment zone when his containment chamber looks like it should be in the entrance zone. This means a ton of backtracking. Error room placement; he also still occasionally ends up in the HCZ. But I'm pretty sure you can still ignore him, because technically what's important is simply disabling remote door control, and then go to Gate A and use a Keycard Omni and you're good to go.

PS the guardian is super cute and I wish he is my pet :D

If you found bugs that I didn't, please respond to this topic and let us know.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

WoodenGlass wrote:
Mylittledashie1990 wrote:Same here i get this annoying flicking kind of thing at the bottom of my screen which mostly kills me because i can not see clearly how much my in game eye can take before it needs to blink also SCP 173 keeps glitching through walls even on seed built maps.
I know i tried but everytime i try to play in windowed mode it plays till the intro is over and comes up with that memory access thing

Mylittledashie1990 wrote:
WoodenGlass wrote:
I know i tried but everytime i try to play in windowed mode it plays till the intro is over and comes up with that memory access thing
You mean every resolution produces a MAV? On 1.0 it gets a MAV immediately at 800x600, but I can play longer at 1024x600. If there are still errors, then I don't know.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Mylittledashie1990 wrote:I do not know if it gets a MAV on every resolution but it does for me on fullscreen and windowed not to mention the flicking bullcrap and SCP 173 going through walls.

I play on 1280x720 resolution windowed and fullscreen can not play on 1920x1080 since i lag for some reason?
Hmm... try 800x600 (or even smaller if you can handle it). Or disable bump mapping if you have it enabled (although doing that does seem to cause 173 to fall through floors, at least in my case. Weird.) It really does seem to be that Windows 7 kinda has a grudge against SCP:CB for some reason (or more likely Blitz3D itself, for that matter). Try compatibility with Windows 7 or XP if it still happens, or run it as Administrator, or move SCP:CB to the Desktop or C: (I read that the less folders SCP:CB is buried in, the more likely it would produce less errors, I think).