V 1.0.4 Error User Lib Not Found

Hello everybody, I'm sure some of you may be aware of this error message, but it comes up for me every time I start up the game. A black startup box, (presumably the Launch menu) following the error, User Lib Not Found, appears. I assume this has something to do with the DLL files. Any thoughts? thank you.

-Red Menace
The Red Menace

Re: V 1.0.4 Error User Lib Not Found

juanjpro wrote:The game depends on 3 DLLs: FastExt.dll, FastText.dll and winfix.dll

Check if you have all three.
I do, I also have FreeImage.DLL

I saw on a blitz forum and some other forums that FreeImage DLL's tend to be problematic if dealt with incorrectly. I still don't know if it should be deleted or not.
The Red Menace

ContainmentBleach wrote:I also have this problem. I recently dl'ed the game(v1.0.5) and extracted it all from jZip, but I got the aforementioned message when clicking on the game.
I'm p amateur at this so I probably missed a step or did something wrong, but Idk what.
What operating system are you running? did you download the entire game, or just the patch?

risingstar64 wrote:
ContainmentBleach wrote:I also have this problem. I recently dl'ed the game(v1.0.5) and extracted it all from jZip, but I got the aforementioned message when clicking on the game.
I'm p amateur at this so I probably missed a step or did something wrong, but Idk what.
What operating system are you running? did you download the entire game, or just the patch?
I have a Windows Vista(If that's you mean), and yeah, I got the whole game.

ContainmentBleach wrote:I have a Windows Vista(If that's you mean), and yeah, I got the whole game.
Wow, if what you're saying is correct then that means the DLL issue is not exclusive to windows 8 as I thought it might be. If I had to pitch a guess, I'd say you have a dll in your system32 folder with the same name as one of the DLLs used by the game, and the engine is trying to load from the DLL in the system32 folder rather than the one in the game folder and is generating this error because the necessary libraries are not in that DLL file. This is just a shot in the dark though. If you want navigate to the folder "C:\Windows\System32" and tell me if there is a file named FastExt.dll, FastText.dll, or winfix.dll in that folder.