[1.0.4] 939 Room May Catalyze 860-Type Bug in 106 Room

Where:
106's room, and maybe other rooms

Initial Conditions
- just downloaded a fresh copy of v1.0.4
- mapseed 1jd1ogr
- run as admin [false], compatibility [false], bump mapping [off], fullscreen [off], resolution: 1366x768 (same as my computer)
launcher enabled [false]
- Went down to 939's room and back up the other side

Save Point:
- Save file made in HCZ checkpoint right after going down and up from 939's room, and before entering room106 where the glitch occurs.

Bug:
Doors, walls, and floors were flickering and player gets "tunnel vision," very similar to when viewing SCP 895 on the monitor, until the screen goes black. It can be briefly deterred by vigorously shaking the mouse left and right so the player can look away, but then starts up again immediately after you stop shaking the mouse. Doors and lights have a glitch best described as the "repeating window glitch" (see link below). As the player's head is moving (camera rotation), the door and light images schmear in the same direction. Pressing the WASD keys still seem to function because footsteps can still be heard, and displacement can be observed.

Repeating Window glitch:
http://www.marcofolio.net/images/storie ... talgia.png

Possible cause:
Went down to 939 and back successfully w/ bump mapping [off]

Special notes:
- Setting bump mapping enabled [1] from the option config. file caused MAV upon loading the initial save file at 45%
- Opening the game and setting the bump mapping off from the game option menu got rid of the file loading MAV and the bug as well...
- Setting the bump mapping on in the game options menu caused the MAV upon loading the save file at 45% again.
-This type of bug happened elsewhere in the game (not on same save file). In the past, I have experienced the bug in a plain hallway in LCZ (no fans or anything), in the offices room (Dr. Maynard, Dr. Harp, etc), and in the T-shaped hallway in LCZ with electrical equipment gated. So this bug isn't limited to room106, but it's in room106 that I've seen this bug occurring the most.

Tests:

Testing conditions:
- mapseed 1jd1ogr
- run as admin [false], compatibility [false], bump mapping [off], fullscreen [off], resolution: 1366x768 (same as my computer)
launcher enabled [false]
- Enabled Intro sequence
- Saved game after "press F5 to save" text appeared.

1) I tried to duplicate the event by first going down to 939's room and getting out the other side successfully. I then, then entered
the "teleport room106" command in the console (in the other 939 elevator room up top) and as soon as I hit enter I got an MAV.

2) Then, I went down to 939's room and then immediately took the elevator back up again (the same elevator). I teleported
to 106's room, and the bug happened again (no MAV). This time it took me about 7 times to successfully reach 939's room without falling through the elevator
floor and dying. What I do is wait to "press any key" in the loading screen until all the elevator noises stop. I fear that pressing any key prematurely is what can
cause the player to fall through the elevator because the level hasn't completely loaded yet. maybe.

3) This time I closed the open elevator door (up top) and heard the elevator reach the bottom. Then, I recalled the elevator back to me. I did not go in the elevator
at any point in this test. Then, I attempted to teleport to room106 and the bug happened again (no MAV).

4) Then, I just entered the elevator room (up top) without going in the elevator, pushing the button, or anything, and teleported to room106. The bug happened
again (no MAV).

5) Lastly, I teleported from a different room away from the elevator room, and there was no bug. Gotcha!!!

Additional Notes:
- Test 1 w/ no MAV, 2, and 5 can also be reproduced running as administrator and compatibility mode set to Windows XP SP3.
- I can also confirm Test 1 w/ no MAV, 2, and 5 on Mapseed 20rt3vxf.

This was a really tricky bug to catch, so it might be difficult to fix. I hope I gave enough information to go on. Let me know if I need to provide additional information. Thanks again. :)

Also, if the bug can be fixed, could it be applied to risingstar's fixed version as well if possible. Here's a link to his bug fix:
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4098 (at the bottom of page 1)

Also, check out this issue. This was my inspiration to look into bugs in 106's room. I might be related.
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4100

Latest Note:
I just started a new mapseed (3q7949m) without running as admin, without compatibility mode, and without bump mapping. I completely avoided the 939 top elevator area, and still found the 106 room bug. During the playthrough, I did not use console commands at all. Maybe room106 has its own issues that can be catalyzed by going down to 939's room.

Re: [1.0.4] 939 Room May Catalyze 860-Type Bug in 106 Room

Unable to reproduce the bug.
Graphics: AMD Radeon 6770M
Version: 1.0.4 with the fix from 1.0.4 Large Testing Chamber MAV http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4098

What I did:
- run as admin [false], compatibility [false], bump mapping [off], fullscreen [off], resolution: 1366x768
launcher enabled [false]
Create a new game with mapseed 1jd1ogr ( whose capitalization form is 1JD1OGR, in case 1 to be mistaken with L in lowercase form)
- Went down to 939's room (or room3storage) and back up the other side
- Attempt to teleport to 106 room, everything goes fine then.
- Another attempt with intro on, still unable to replicate.

lumix wrote:Unable to reproduce the bug.
Graphics: AMD Radeon 6770M
Version: 1.0.4 with the fix from 1.0.4 Large Testing Chamber MAV http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4098

What I did:
- run as admin [false], compatibility [false], bump mapping [off], fullscreen [off], resolution: 1366x768
launcher enabled [false]
Create a new game with mapseed 1jd1ogr ( whose capitalization form is 1JD1OGR, in case 1 to be mistaken with L in lowercase form)
- Went down to 939's room (or room3storage) and back up the other side
- Attempt to teleport to 106 room, everything goes fine then.
- Another attempt with intro on, still unable to replicate.
Hmm. I can't imagine risingstar's new code would have an impact on my test. Anyway, it's not a permanent bug because I managed to fix it by playing around with the bump mapping on/off. Thanks for looking into it. Your input is much appreciated lumix. :) I guess room106 just has an independent bug... sometimes...

SCP - [Redacted] wrote:Hmm. I can't imagine risingstar's new code would have an impact on my test. Anyway, it's not a permanent bug because I managed to fix it by playing around with the bump mapping on/off. Thanks for looking into it. Your input is much appreciated lumix. :) I guess room106 just has an independent bug... sometimes...
I tried the steps that you described with my build, but I could not replicate the MAV either. I'll keep an eye out for it though :049: