[1.0.4] 860-Type Bug (not MAV) in room106

This is a continuation of my previous thread concerning room3storage (939's lair) being a possible catalyst to an 860-Type bug in room106. The reason why I'm opening up a new thread is that I am abandoning the probability that room3storage has anything to do with room106 bug. You are welcome to view the previous thread if you so choose.

Previous thread:
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4111

As promised in my previous thread, I conducted some rather "physical" tests in room106 under different settings. This is what I found.

Initial Conditions:
not running as administrator, no compatibility mode, no bump mapping, windowed, primary graphics driver
mapseed 1jd1ogr

Testing:
Starting a new game under mapseed 1jd1ogr, I disabled intro sequence, disabled 106, saved with F5 and headed to room106. I spawned a level 5 keycard to go through the HCZ checkpoint and into room106. I was greeted by flickering walls, lights, and floors again. In frustration, I turned back about 3/4 way fown the catwalk and I noticed that the bug stopped! :? I turned 180 degrees again and the bug started again. Repeated turning showed that the bug only occurs when I face the stairwell... So I proceeded down the catwalk backwards toward the stairwell. :laugh: I walked down the stairwell sideways (still facing the same direction) and the bug never happened. I reached the bottom of the stairwell and entered 106's recall protocol room facing the same direction and the bug still never happened. BUT!! As soon as I slightly turned toward the recall protocol control module (ELO-IID Magnets on/off, loud speaker on/off, monitor, and break femur), the bug started up again. Particularly when I looked at the monitor. I even faced 180 degrees from the monitor again (bug stopped) and noclipped behind it. The bug started again.

The bug has something to do with 106's cell monitor.

If I looked at the monitor enough, my whole screen goes black and what was on the monitor shows up on almost the entire left side of my computer (within the window). Since no one else is experiencing this bug, I wonder if it has something to do with my graphics card.

If it becomes a concern with a multitude of people, and since the 860 door is also an object that causes the same bug in multiple rooms around it (based on what I gathered from descriptions), maybe the monitor can be fixed the same way as the door since the monitor is also an object.

I can confirm this on all other settings as well. It's just that the bug happens by chance (not likely to be reproducible), which sucks... but I have done the same thing over and over again on all combinations of settings and I have seen the bug eventually on each of them.

Thanks for reading guys, and happy bug hunting :wink:

Re: [1.0.4] 860-Type Bug (not MAV) in room106

That actually happens with pretty much every monitor. I'm having that problem with a Windows 8 computer.
Just in case it helps Regalis fix this bug, here's my specs.

Machine name: HOWARDSPC
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.140502-1507)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP 2000 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.3A
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3986MB RAM
Page File: 3084MB used, 3209MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

(Also, Please note that this bug only occurs AFTER you've rendered the first drawportal aka monitor)

A list of places where this bug occurs.

-Lockrooms
-106's containment chamber
-895's containment chamber
-860's door. (Even though it's not a monitor I think it uses drawportals to render the inside of the door)

Re: [1.0.4] 860-Type Bug (not MAV) in room106

HowardHeyman wrote:That actually happens with pretty much every monitor.
(Also, Please note that this bug only occurs AFTER you've rendered the first drawportal aka monitor)

A list of places where this bug occurs.

-Lockrooms
-106's containment chamber
-895's containment chamber
-860's door. (Even though it's not a monitor I think it uses drawportals to render the inside of the door)
That sounds like it could be the problem. :) I'm completely new at all this game programming and coding stuff so drawportal isn't the first thing that comes to mind. :laugh: I really wish I could be more helpful in that respect. I run on Windows 7, so I don't think the bug is supposed to happen, but it does anyway for me and a very select few of people. I don't know if this issue is going to be officially looked at until it becomes a widespread problem. Oh well.

I haven't seen any issues with 895's monitor or the lockroom monitors. The only thing I see from time to time is that sometimes the lockroom monitors are displayed gray-tinted (partially or completely) instead of red-tinted. Hmmmm.

Thanks for the response Howard! :D Much appreciated.