[1.1.4-1.2.3] Several Bugs.

Seeing as how PXLSHN and Vane Brain are supposedly cracking down on bugs, I've decided to share this list of bugs in CB I've been building up since 1.1.4.
  • During the 049-2 event, the player will grind against the MTF unit for a few moments before he starts shooting.
    • Likewise, you can also control yourself during this scripted event, meaning you can leave the area and just continue on with the game.
  • There seems to be a high chance that SCP-049 can get stuck in his storage room once triggered when the player isn't in his line of sight.
  • The throne room in the PD has missing textured spots and collision. You can walk through the throne itself.
  • While the intercom is announcing Nine-Tailed Fox's arrival, the "Tesla gate disabled" voice line can play over it.
  • Not really a bug, but spamming the elevator button can cause it to open then immediately close. Due to the number of people seen doing this in youtube videos, it might be better to just have the elevator door only close when the button inside it is pressed.
  • Different VOs can play out of the same MTF unit (so they can randomly swap voice).
  • Walking backwards prevents SCP-860-2 from attacking you.
    • Same for SCP-939.
  • When grinding against the Intake booth of 914's door while it's refining, the game treats it as though you are inside the booth, making you susceptible to its status effects.
  • Many involving SCP-096.
    • When he becomes agitated he appears to use the "agro + walking" animation despite standing still.
    • His non-agitated walk cycle doesn't loop properly (resets before the animation is finished).
    • His agro event completes before the agro sound effects finish.
    • You can still trigger him even when you hold down the blink button.
  • The maintenance tunnels generation does not use the seed inputted by the player, and instead the one manipulated by the functions "Rand" and "Rnd."
  • When A* pathfinding gets a status update, NPCs will not see waypoints behind doors. This can cause it turn around towards a previous waypoint before following through to the next one.
  • Last one can't really be fixed without re-animating, but SCP-860-2's attack animation has its head facing down as if its slashing something at its feet.
Kenneth why
Last edited by CommanderMark on Sun May 08, 2016 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: [1.1.4-1.2.5] Several Bugs.

CommanderPro100 wrote:Seeing as how PXLSHN and Vane Brain are supposedly cracking down on bugs, I've decided to share this list of bugs in CB I've been building up since 1.1.4.
To v1.2.5? Can you send me a link for that? I thought latest version is 1.2.3...
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • During the 049-2 event, the player will grind against the MTF unit for a few moments before he starts shooting.
    • Likewise, you can also control yourself during this scripted event, meaning you can leave the area and just continue on with the game.
We will fix that.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • There seems to be a high chance that SCP-049 can get stuck in his storage room once triggered when the player isn't in his line of sight.
I also ask PXLSHN about that. So we will also fix that.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • The throne room in the PD has missing textured spots and collision. You can walk through the throne itself.
Reg fix pls.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • While the intercom is announcing Nine-Tailed Fox's arrival, the "Tesla gate disabled" voice line can play over it.
We will try to fix that too. It is happening when one of the Gates is generated near Tesla room.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • Not really a bug, but spamming the elevator button can cause it to open then immediately close. Due to the number of people seen doing this in youtube videos, it might be better to just have the elevator door only close when the button inside it is pressed.
We can try to rewrite elevator code.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • Different VOs can play out of the same MTF unit (so they can randomly swap voice).
We also can fix that, but we need a voice for third one.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
    • Same for SCP-939.
Really? We need to check that.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • When grinding against the Intake booth of 914's door while it's refining, the game treats it as though you are inside the booth, making you susceptible to its status effects.
We also need to check that.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
    • When he becomes agitated he appears to use the "agro + walking" animation despite standing still.
    • His non-agitated walk cycle doesn't loop properly (resets before the animation is finished).
Wow. Shaun will have a lot of work to do.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • The maintenance tunnels generation does not use the seed inputted by the player, and instead the one manipulated by the functions "Rand" and "Rnd."
Look at the changelist of v1.0:
*Maintenance tunnels are now randomized.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • When A* pathfinding gets a status update, NPCs will not see waypoints behind doors. This can cause it turn around towards a previous waypoint before following through to the next one.
Uhm... Shaun, is it possible to fix?
CommanderPro100 wrote:
  • Last one can't really be fixed without re-animating, but SCP-860-2's attack animation has its head facing down as if its slashing something at its feet.
Kenneth why
why Kenneth, why

Re: [1.1.4-1.2.5] Several Bugs.

Vane Brain wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:Seeing as how PXLSHN and Vane Brain are supposedly cracking down on bugs, I've decided to share this list of bugs in CB I've been building up since 1.1.4.
To v1.2.5? Can you send me a link for that? I thought latest version is 1.2.3...
CommanderPro100 wrote:
We will fix that.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
I also ask PXLSHN about that. So we will also fix that.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
Reg fix pls.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
We will try to fix that too. It is happening when one of the Gates is generated near Tesla room.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
We can try to rewrite elevator code.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
We also can fix that, but we need a voice for third one.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
    • Same for SCP-939.
Really? We need to check that.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
We also need to check that.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
Wow. Shaun will have a lot of work to do.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
Kenneth why
why Kenneth, why
A lot of things need to be fixed.
All these things should be able to be fixed (I don't know for now, but I will do my best to get them fixed).

Re: [1.1.4-1.2.3] Several Bugs.

Vane Brain wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
The bug is that you'll almost never get the same maintenance tunnels twice on the same seed, since the random functions change the seed every time they're called. What you should do is:
Above "e\room\grid=New Grids" in UpdateEvents.bb, add:

Code: Select all

oldSeed% = RndSeed()
Local seedDec$ = ""
For i = 1 To Len(RandomSeed)
	seedDec = seedDec+Asc(Mid(RandomSeed,i,1))
Next
SeedRnd Abs(Int(seedDec))
And then after the tunnels are generated, add:

SeedRnd oldSeed
With this code in place, the layout of the maintenance tunnels should be consistent for each seed.

And while I was checking the code for the seed input, I noticed something in Menu.bb:

Local strtemp$ = ""
	strtemp = strtemp+Asc(Mid(strtemp,i,1)) ;<--- this probably should be Mid(RandomSeed,i,1)
Next
SeedRnd Abs(Int(strtemp))
I think this might be making maps less random than they should, I'm not sure.
Vane Brain wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
I managed to fix this for the MTFs:

If n\PathLocation<19 Then
	If (n\Path[n\PathLocation]<>Null) And (n\Path[n\PathLocation+1]<>Null) Then
		If Abs(DeltaYaw(n\Collider,n\Path[n\PathLocation]\obj))>Abs(DeltaYaw(n\Collider,n\Path[n\PathLocation+1]\obj)) Then
			n\PathLocation=n\PathLocation+1
		EndIf
	EndIf
EndIf
Basically what this code tells the NPC to do is check if the first waypoint is right behind it based on its current orientation, and tells it to skip to the next one if that would prevent it from spinning around.
Last edited by juanjp600 on Sun May 08, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I remember correctly, I think there is 2 bugs that are still there since 1.0, the first is when you walk in the long hall when SCP-106 is walking through the wall, idk why but his model is invisible. Also when you go down to SCP-049's containment chamber and you trigger the event by activating the buttons, you can't hear his theme and there is no sound when he catch you.

MetroDelta wrote:Also when you go down to SCP-049's containment chamber and you trigger the event by activating the buttons, you can't hear his theme and there is no sound when he catch you.
His theme only plays when you're right next to him since he was given the ability to wander the facility. Although I kinda wish it would just get progressively louder the closer you are to him.

I've also got two bugs to report:

1. In the introduction, if you're fast enough, you won't trigger the event where Ulgrin and Franklin back up. They just stand there.

2. If you disable SCP-106 in the console, the 106 victim won't fall from the ceiling, yet the corrosion puddle will still appear.

Also, I don't know if this is a recent thing, but I've just started experiencing a ton of lag in Containment Breach. Anyone else getting that?

juanjpro wrote:And while I was checking the code for the seed input, I noticed something in Menu.bb:

Local strtemp$ = ""
	strtemp = strtemp+Asc(Mid(strtemp,i,1)) ;<--- this probably should be Mid(RandomSeed,i,1)
Next
SeedRnd Abs(Int(strtemp))
I think this might be making maps less random than they should, I'm not sure.
T̶o̶ ̶e̶l̶a̶b̶o̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶a̶x̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶1̶5̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶p̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶u̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶n̶g̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶u̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶s̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶m̶i̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶1̶5̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶"̶B̶L̶A̶C̶K̶"̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶c̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶"̶W̶H̶I̶T̶E̶"̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶n̶g̶t̶h̶.̶

EDIT: The bug does not apply to the map layout, as the seed is properly selected in the CreateMap function. However, this bug does apply to the code to the maintenance tunnels' blast door and Dr. Maynard's office.
Here's the list of codes you can get for the maintenance tunnels as of v1.2.3:

1 characters: 7972
2 characters: 8266
3 characters: 9037
4 characters: 9733
5 characters: 9676
6 characters: 5898
7 characters: 484
8 characters: 9663
9 characters: 7664
10 characters: 6429