"Your Computer does not support the rendering of 3D graphics within a window"

As a start this is my first time posting on this forum, I made the account just because I have searched everywhere for 2 days and have not found anyone else with this issue. I have absolutely no idea why it's doing this.
And I know my computer can't be the issue here. (Unless... Like, the older game engine has a problem with newer powerful hardware) My specs are:

Windows 7 64x Ult edition
i7-6700k
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB of DD4 ram

I have tired various things to try and fix the problem. Admin mode, compatibility mode, changing the settings in the options.ini to different resolutions, fullscreen, fullscreen windowed, etc. Checked for the 'Mirage' driver some people have had issues with. Updated my graphics card drives. I really can't think of anything else.

Maybe someone might know of the problem or pitch me more suggestions to try? Thank you.

Re: "Your Computer does not support the rendering of 3D graphics within a window"

Canyew wrote:As a start this is my first time posting on this forum, I made the account just because I have searched everywhere for 2 days and have not found anyone else with this issue. I have absolutely no idea why it's doing this.
And I know my computer can't be the issue here. (Unless... Like, the older game engine has a problem with newer powerful hardware) My specs are:

Windows 7 64x Ult edition
i7-6700k
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
16GB of DD4 ram

I have tired various things to try and fix the problem. Admin mode, compatibility mode, changing the settings in the options.ini to different resolutions, fullscreen, fullscreen windowed, etc. Checked for the 'Mirage' driver some people have had issues with. Updated my graphics card drives. I really can't think of anything else.

Maybe someone might know of the problem or pitch me more suggestions to try? Thank you.
Well, I know what this error is supposed to mean: It means that your PC is not able to run the game while in windowed mode (this also counts the borderless windowed mode, but it shouldn't count fullscreen). I think it's an issue because Blitz3D's engine is very old.
The most basic thing I could think of trying for you would be to detect if the function Windowed3D is returning true or not (if you want a test program for that, then you just have to PM me and I can create that very little program for you, so I can see if the function is returning true or false for you).