Game keeps crashing on startup

So i've been looking through the threads, and couldn't find a similar problem. When I want to start up the game, a window keeps pooping up saying "SCP-Containment Breach.exe has stopped working", then proceeds looking for a problem, but obviously Windows won't find any. I've tried different resolutions, fullscreen, 16 bit, (even not using the launcher, but that was a disaster), basically everything on the launcher. I checked that my Direct Play was enabled, yes it was. I've run it on administrator, tried different compatabilities, but it just keeps crashing.

I'm trying this game out on a Windows 7 upgraded to a Windows 10. I remember trying this game out a few years back, but ran into some lag issues during gameplay, but it worked just fine. I'm on the verge to give up, but the problem lies somewhere, and I really want to get spooked, so yeah:p

I hope there is a solution to this. Thank you

Re: Game keeps crashing on startup

Vane Brain wrote:Okay, go to options.ini and find line: play startup video = true
Change true to false
Vane Brain replied to that in another post which dealt with that issue as well (I think it's the startup video problem). Try to do that and hopefully it works :wink:

EDIT:
GeneralSilent wrote:It's probably because of the Startup Video.

In the game folder, open Options.ini and find the line "play startup video = true" and change it to false.
LOL, posted at the same time :laugh: