No sound effects on Windows 10

Hi, I downloaded the V1.3.7 2 days ago and I've been having problems with the sound effects. Game starts up just fine and I hear the music in that new "movie clip" that plays when you start up the game. But when start menu opens up there is no music or any other sounds playing. Same goes for the game itself. No footsteps, no ambiance, no talking, nothing.

I've been trying to find solution on the internet for awhile but no-one seems to have this problem. My drivers are up to date and I've tried to run this game as Administrator. I've also tried to use several (Win 7, 8, vista, XP service pack 1 and 2) compatibility modes but with no luck. I don't know what to do anymore :'(

I have Windows 10 64-bit version with Direct X 12. Direct Play is installed and turned on.

Other specs:

AMD II X4 955 3,2 GHz processor
GeForce GTX 760
8-Gb ram

Re: No sound effects on Windows 10

jere88_31 wrote:Hi, I downloaded the V1.3.7 2 days ago and I've been having problems with the sound effects. Game starts up just fine and I hear the music in that new "movie clip" that plays when you start up the game. But when start menu opens up there is no music or any other sounds playing. Same goes for the game itself. No footsteps, no ambiance, no talking, nothing.

I've been trying to find solution on the internet for awhile but no-one seems to have this problem. My drivers are up to date and I've tried to run this game as Administrator. I've also tried to use several (Win 7, 8, vista, XP service pack 1 and 2) compatibility modes but with no luck. I don't know what to do anymore :'(

I have Windows 10 64-bit version with Direct X 12. Direct Play is installed and turned on.

Other specs:

AMD II X4 955 3,2 GHz processor
GeForce GTX 760
8-Gb ram
What happens when you disable the startup-video?
You can do this by going into the "options.ini" file and look for "play startup video = true", then set it to "false".