4GB Patch for performance increase + 1 save bug issue

Since SCP:CB tends to consume high amounts of RAM at times with the old Blitz3D engine, hopefully this helps on dealing with performance. TheHappyJammer posted this 4GB patch fix here, which basically is a program that modifies executable 32-bit applications to allow for additional virtual memory. I simply reposted the link here so that others may try to use it just in case to see if it resolves issues with SCP:CB
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6498

POSTSCRIPT: Initially this was supposed to be a thread about a bug issue, so to keep it straight, I saved on SCP-012's containment chamber, but upon initially reloading the save file just after I opened SCP:CB, I fell through the floor. If I reload it through 'Load Game' after it happens, I don't fall anymore; however, it always has to be that I have to do it that way for me to prevent myself from falling down. I did that on the 'plaguedoctor' seed on Euclid mode, and I have a different save file now which has increased progress so I did not post it here. I wonder though if anyone else has had this problem: probably best NOT to save on that room anyway on the first place. XD
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Re: 4GB Patch for performance increase + 1 save bug issue

AgentParadox wrote:This isn't really a feasible approach. Sure, you could apply a patch like this, but the game is massive as is, and throwing more memory at it isn't going to solve long-run problems. It's like the N64 expansion pak.
I understand that; it's not really intended to solve further bugs that are directly affecting in-game gameplay, after all, it's a very, very minor patch. I just wanted to recommend it at least here on this section of the forum to see if it helps others.
Corrosive Beast wrote:Now im gonna see this magical all problems solver 4gb patch in every fucken topic
It's not a 'magical all problems solver'. I merely reposted it here in the hopes that it might, but not guaranteed in any way at all, help people with SCP:CB performance issues. Again, it's a very, very minor patch.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.