MAV on opening Class D Orientation sheet?

I downloaded the game(1.3.6 and 7) today, and from looking at other MAV fixes and opening the game itself(which it now does open), I couldn't figure out how to get past this. When I pick up the Class D Orientation sheet after you start a new game and then go into your inventory to read it, the game "freezes", the MAV doesn't show on the screen in game, I have to press ctrl+alt+del and click task manager to get it to actually show, but this has happened everytime that I try starting the game. I'm also running the game through Steam, using the beta it has to play it with a controller. I was curious if anyone could help me with this, please...
Update: I tried opening it outside of steam, and it read it, but after I walked down the hallway some, with the exception of a few doors, everything when black in game. But the MAV still happens within Steam...

Re: MAV on opening Class D Orientation sheet?

1) If it's Windows, run the game as an Administrator, try the compatibility modes under a lower OS such as Windows XP (because SCP:CB uses Blitz3D, a legacy engine that new systems tend to "dislike") and try to disable visual themes, desktop composition and/or display settings.
2) Try redownloading the full copy of 1.3.7 (the 218MB file) and then extract that initially to a different location and try to run it.
3) Run the 4GB patch from this thread and open SCP - Containment Breach.exe with it and then use the newly created executable copy to see if it will run successfully.

Also, as much as possible run the game independently outside of Steam; usually it should have a better performance.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

autotroph wrote:1) If it's Windows, run the game as an Administrator, try the compatibility modes under a lower OS such as Windows XP (because SCP:CB uses a really old engine that new systems tend to "dislike") and try to disable visual themes, desktop composition and/or display settings.
2) Try redownloading the full copy of 1.3.7 (the 218MB file) and then extract that initially to a different location and try to run it.
3) Run the 4GB patch from this thread and open SCP - Containment Breach.exe with it and then use the newly created executable copy to see if it will run successfully.

Also, as much as possible run the game independently outside of Steam; usually it should have a better performance.
Alright, that(the 4gb patch) worked within steam, but I was using steam because that was the only mapper that I could find that actually worked/let me use a ps4 controller on pc. But since you recommended playing it outside of steam, would you possibly know of one that'll let me use the ps4 controller that works just as well as steam's?

Ookami32194 wrote:Alright, that(the 4gb patch) worked within steam, but I was using steam because that was the only mapper that I could find that actually worked/let me use a ps4 controller on pc. But since you recommended playing it outside of steam, would you possibly know of one that'll let me use the ps4 controller that works just as well as steam's?
Oh, so that's why you mentioned the controller. Sadly I don't know of any applications since I only play on PC strictly. For now, the only workaround is to use the executable the 4GB patch has created out of the original.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.