SCP open with Black screen and then freeze/crash

Hi guys I tried everything I can think of to fix this issues and I wasn't able to fix it, so here's is my problem...

When I start the game by cliking on "SCP - Containment Breach.exe" The launcher start I select my configurations "I tried all of them" and start the game, the window open and I can hear sounds but the screen is completely black and as soon as I click on the window or try to do something else on my PC the game freeze and I have to close it.

If I just stay there doing nothing the game still freeze after a while and I have to close the game so how can I fix this?

Re: SCP open with Black screen and then freeze/crash

1) If it's Windows, run the game as an Administrator, try the compatibility modes under a lower OS such as Windows XP (because SCP:CB uses a really old engine that new systems tend to "dislike") and try to disable visual themes, desktop composition and/or display settings.
2) The initial Undertow Games video and/or it checking for updates might be having an issue while loading. Under the options.ini file, change the values below from 'true' to 'false':

Code: Select all

check for updates = false
play startup video = false
3) Try redownloading the full copy of 1.3.7 (the 218MB file) and then extract that initially to a different location and try to run it.
4) Run the 4GB patch from this thread and open SCP - Containment Breach.exe with it and then use the newly created executable copy to see if it will run successfully.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Re: SCP open with Black screen and then freeze/crash

Thanks as well, SCP:CB is worth it XD

It appears that the startup video cannot be played on your end by default, which has affected some other users as well, which is why it's sometimes better left disabled.

Just a heads up, if you ever encounter 'Memory Access Violation' while running the game or from a save file, just close and reopen the game to be sure, and then if not play under a different map seed.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.