texture and menu Flickering in recordings

I've been struggling with this for some time now
when I record my display that I'm using for scp containment breach there is a pronounced flicker on the finished video .. but NOT in the actual gameplay

-when using fraps this does not occur but instead the game get's periodically extremely laggy and unplayable (in full screen if you tab out then back in the lag will stop for a short while before coming back)

I've tried an unimaginable number of different settings on the game to get rid of this flicker but nothing seems to work

I need help or any insight.. it is making my playthrough recordings needlessly extremely stressful

I can't record with fraps because of the immense lag that occurs periodically
and I can also not record display because of the intolerable flickering..

I know this doesn't happen for everyone because we tried recording with the same display capturing software on another computer and it didnt flicker.

camtasia desktop recording=flicker
obs streaming or recording to any and all different formats= flicker
(camtasia and OBS do not recognize scp containment breach when trying to record application and all you will see is a black screen)
fraps= periodic unplayable lag.

https://youtu.be/1GJAuTStcTU?t=19m21s <--- this video shows examples of both the flickering and the lag (although i cut most of the lag out it was so unplayable that i had to switch back to the flickering recording..