[1.3.7] Memory Access Violation

As much as I love this game I just can't go more than 6 minutes without getting a "Memory access violation"! Below are a list of things that I try to do right before the game crashes:

1.) Open ANY note; completely unpredictable when it will happen.

2.) Using a Navigator; occurs more often than the notes.

3.) Using a Radio Transmitter; unpredictable.

4.) After trying to contain SCP-106.

5.) After dying.

6.) After loading a save file.

7.) After loading a save during SCP-205 event.

8.) After activating a computer terminal.

9.) RARELY after encountering SCP-096 in the room where he kills a guard.

10.) Opening a door (Rare)

11.) After using SCP-1499.

12.) Loading in more of the map...

13.) Using the Elevators.

14.) Using SCP-860 on SCP-860-1

15.) Rarely when using an SCP to improve a key card.

(KEEP IN MIND: THE LIST ABOVE DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY TIME THE ITEMS IN THE LIST ARE DONE INGAME)

There are more but I can not think of them off the top of my head. I have tried: Running as Admin, Running in Compatibility mode, changing "launcher enabled = true" to "launcher enabled = false", as for the "Windows 8 -10 Application error 0xc0000022" my settings were already applied before hand for a different game.

I would appreciate a quick response and perhaps a solution to this problem as it is my favorite horror game I have ever played! Thanks

Re: [1.3.7] Memory Access Violation

D-6264 wrote:I guess you are on windows 10 64 bits

I have tried many things, and the only thing really working is this :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6498

-No MAV anymore on saving screen or after passing new rooms, using object etc....

Since this fix, i only encounter MAV when dying after playing a lot
Yeah, this fix seems to fix a lot of RAM related issues for SCP: Containment Breach. I have the feeling that the game needs more than 2 GB of RAM (this is - I think - Blitz3D's memory usage for a program).
Altough I'm not sure what happens if somebody applies the 4GB patch who has 4 GB or less of RAM.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6498

-No MAV anymore on saving screen or after passing new rooms, using object etc....

Thanks so much! I am going to try this now! I was not expecting such a quick response!

EDIT: Thanks so much guys! It works great! I have only had 1 MAV since I got the 4GB patch!

CasualLG wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6498

Thanks so much! I am going to try this now! I was not expecting such a quick response!

EDIT: Thanks so much guys! It works great! I have only had 1 MAV since I got the 4GB patch!
There are 2 MAVs that can happen:
1. if you quickload the game and 096 spawned. Workaround is to load the game from main menu
2. happens when you trying to pause the game or open inventory after turning Remote Door Control back on. The workaround is save after turning the switch, let the game crash and then load the game again.