Re: Cannot run with Windows 10 Pro

ItsAndr wrote:I recently got a new PC with Windows 10 Pro and when I tried to install SCP:CB it says it couldn't launch correctly so I ran the fail search program and it said it was compatiable (Sorry for my english) with Windows 8 and not Windows 10 Pro
Please help

Fail Search:
Version:
Fixed that for you. And from a rough translation, I can see you're using Windows 8 compatibility mode. Are you sure that's what appears when you try launching?

You might want to change the Compatibility mode to Windows 7 or Vista. Compatibility Mode alters a program's settings so you can run legacy (old, deprecated) software. W8 is too similar to W10, so you might want to switch it to W7, or turn compatibility mode off if it doesn't work at all.

AgentParadox wrote:
ItsAndr wrote:I recently got a new PC with Windows 10 Pro and when I tried to install SCP:CB it says it couldn't launch correctly so I ran the fail search program and it said it was compatiable (Sorry for my english) with Windows 8 and not Windows 10 Pro
Please help

Fail Search:
Version:
Fixed that for you. And from a rough translation, I can see you're using Windows 8 compatibility mode. Are you sure that's what appears when you try launching?

You might want to change the Compatibility mode to Windows 7 or Vista. Compatibility Mode alters a program's settings so you can run legacy (old, deprecated) software. W8 is too similar to W10, so you might want to switch it to W7, or turn compatibility mode off if it doesn't work at all.
How do I do that?

Edit: I tried to set to 7 and Vista, didn't work and I tried to take it off but it didn't work that too.
Last edited by ItsAndr on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not using this account so much

AgentParadox wrote:
ItsAndr wrote: How do I do that?
Right-click the executable, and click "properties. There should be a tab for compatibility. Make sure it is set up something like this:

I forgot to say but when it launches it says "The program couldn't start correctly (0xc0000022)"
I'm not using this account so much