Security Monitors are just a bunch of programs - FPS cut in half by the game?

I was playing the game yesterday, on Discord with my friend. I walk into the Security Camera room, and I find that the cameras all have Steam's FPS Counter. I found this interesting. Could this be the reason why people get FPS dips when they're near it?

Shouldn't these monitors be gifs and/or a gif that plays, then switches to a static screen of the same idea?

Also, I noticed this as well, but it seems like FPS is cut in half by the game. The Steam FPS counter has always been accurate, but this game is just cut in half by it.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2hCuws ... e=youtu.be

Re: Security Monitors are just a bunch of programs - FPS cut in half by the game?

To render the image displayed on CCTVs, the game renders everything from each camera's perspective onto the back buffer and copies the image data into a texture (rendering to a separate buffer would be better, but Blitz3D doesn't support that). The Steam overlay seems to detect every single draw call on the back buffer and renders itself every time, which is why the monitors have the overlay.

This is probably also why the FPS counter is inaccurate, as the game really is rendering the world that many times per second, it's just that the result is not always displayed to the player directly.