Memory Access Violation v1.9.3

So, I just downloaded this game and the patch. I have no idea how to install the patch. I've tried running the game with different resolutions, in compatibility mode (I have Windows 10), and as an administrator.

Basically, the game crashes every time I try to read the note on the desk at the beginning of the game. It says "memory access violation."

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. I'm not 100% sure what's relevant as I have very little experience playing games on my laptop outside of Steam. If you need more info, I'll give it. Thanks!

Re: Memory Access Violation v1.9.3

Clockwerk13 wrote:So, I just downloaded this game and the patch. I have no idea how to install the patch. I've tried running the game with different resolutions, in compatibility mode (I have Windows 10), and as an administrator.

Basically, the game crashes every time I try to read the note on the desk at the beginning of the game. It says "memory access violation."

Any help you can give me would be much appreciated. I'm not 100% sure what's relevant as I have very little experience playing games on my laptop outside of Steam. If you need more info, I'll give it. Thanks!
Try to use this on game's exe file
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6498