v. 1.3.9 - Game is unable to save.

Now, I'm aware that this is a known issue to the community, but I would like to explain other irregular effects that cause the game to malfunction.
I have provided an error code document in the following link:

Scenario:

I have not loaded up any custom maps or made any modifications to game files.
Cheats were not activated at the time.
The intro sequence was skipped.

Upon encountering the bug, I've observed the game's behavior and experienced the following events:

- A prompt states that the engine had supposedly encountered an error, as mentioned in the following: "Blitz3D Error! More details in error_log_(#).txt"

- Game soon starts to suffer severe graphical glitches (e.g. floor/wall is flickering in & out of view, allowing the player to see assets through the level and revealing character models) and runs at a choppy framerate [5 ~ 15 at best]

- Upon travelling via elevator, loading progress is capped at 0% and fails to load the next scene/level (occasional glitch, not guaranteed to happen)

- Upon attempting to load the save file, another error prompt appears with the following message:
"The save files of v aren't compatible with SCP - Containment Breach 1.3.9 (latest compatible version: 1.3.9)"

- A memory access violation occurs when using various in-game items (e.g. Navigator)

At that point, I've tried to resolve this numerous times by updating my drivers, redownloading + installing the game, running under compatibility functionality (tried XP Service Pack 3 and Windows 8, which was suggested by my system), running the game under fullscreen, borderless and windowed mode, adjusted and eliminated various graphical settings (i.e. bump mapping, VSync, texture Level of Detail (LoD), all Anti-aliasing features, as well as room lights and particles), disabling the launcher, and so far, none of these solutions have worked out for me.

If this issue involves any of my graphics cards, it would be greatly appreciated if you submit graphics settings that are optimal in running the game as stable as possible.

Thank you for your co-operation. Good luck!
Current OS: Windows 10 Home
CPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 (screen graphics)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
RAM: 8 GB

Questions? Contact me through private messaging (PM). Alternative contact methods are available upon request.

Re: v. 1.3.9 - Game is unable to save.

Monofirm wrote:Now, I'm aware that this is a known issue to the community, but I would like to explain other irregular effects that cause the game to malfunction.
I have provided an error code document in the following link:

Scenario:

I have not loaded up any custom maps or made any modifications to game files.
Cheats were not activated at the time.
The intro sequence was skipped.

Upon encountering the bug, I've observed the game's behavior and experienced the following events:

- A prompt states that the engine had supposedly encountered an error, as mentioned in the following: "Blitz3D Error! More details in error_log_(#).txt"

- Game soon starts to suffer severe graphical glitches (e.g. floor/wall is flickering in & out of view, allowing the player to see assets through the level and revealing character models) and runs at a choppy framerate [5 ~ 15 at best]

- Upon travelling via elevator, loading progress is capped at 0% and fails to load the next scene/level (occasional glitch, not guaranteed to happen)

- Upon attempting to load the save file, another error prompt appears with the following message:
"The save files of v aren't compatible with SCP - Containment Breach 1.3.9 (latest compatible version: 1.3.9)"

- A memory access violation occurs when using various in-game items (e.g. Navigator)

At that point, I've tried to resolve this numerous times by updating my drivers, redownloading + installing the game, running under compatibility functionality (tried XP Service Pack 3 and Windows 8, which was suggested by my system), running the game under fullscreen, borderless and windowed mode, adjusted and eliminated various graphical settings (i.e. bump mapping, VSync, texture Level of Detail (LoD), all Anti-aliasing features, as well as room lights and particles), disabling the launcher, and so far, none of these solutions have worked out for me.

If this issue involves any of my graphics cards, it would be greatly appreciated if you submit graphics settings that are optimal in running the game as stable as possible.

Thank you for your co-operation. Good luck!
That's strange.. but first - can you try to patch the game with this program and see if it helps?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6498

Vane Brain wrote: That's strange.. but first - can you try to patch the game with this program and see if it helps?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6498
Yes, I have already patched the game before the issue came up.

Anyway, I've found a fix to this. Simply put, I've discovered that the game engine does not properly create saves with names that have special characters (in this case, I used quotation marks ["Monofirm"] in my saves). I didn't realize this at first because I was able to load the game up without any other issues. Of course, some of the above mentioned events may still occur for those running on Win 10, I'll try to see if I can tweak out some in-game settings to lessen the flickering.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, hopefully some will find this information useful.
Thanks for your support.

Cheers, M.F.
Current OS: Windows 10 Home
CPU: Intel HD Graphics 530 (screen graphics)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
RAM: 8 GB

Questions? Contact me through private messaging (PM). Alternative contact methods are available upon request.

Monofirm wrote:
Vane Brain wrote: That's strange.. but first - can you try to patch the game with this program and see if it helps?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6498
Yes, I have already patched the game before the issue came up.

Anyway, I've found a fix to this. Simply put, I've discovered that the game engine does not properly create saves with names that have special characters (in this case, I used quotation marks ["Monofirm"] in my saves). I didn't realize this at first because I was able to load the game up without any other issues. Of course, some of the above mentioned events may still occur for those running on Win 10, I'll try to see if I can tweak out some in-game settings to lessen the flickering.

I apologize for any misunderstanding, hopefully some will find this information useful.
Thanks for your support.

Cheers, M.F.
Ah. I guess we forgot to restrict the ability to use this symbols for save files. We will fix that for 1.3.10