The thread of unused content and stuff!

Hello! This thread is about unused content and betas in games! Unused content can be found in a multitude of unique ways!

Getting Started:
Finding unused content is so easy I can do it! A useful resource is: http://tcrf.net/Help:Contents/Finding_Content

Lets get on with it!

If you find any interesting unused content in a game feel free to post it in here!
I shall begin:

Destroy All Humans! 2
I've been looking through Destroy All Humans! 2 and found references in the ISO to "overlords", I have no idea what it could be.

Code: Select all

QunlockKey
(amet
world
overlords
miss
CptH
storycom<
arkvoodle@
I also found that some of the game appears to be programmed in LUA:

input\blo
cks\tu\scripts\missions\ruinli
Wves01H
_checkpoints.lua
reg
Name
?Activate
Team Fortress 2:
TF2 is fun.

Nearly all valve games begin with VLV:

VLV
For some reason, the game has these strings:

Counter-Strike: Source Beta
cstrike_beta
Counter-Strike: Source
CSS
cstrike
Team Fortress 2 Beta
tf_beta
Team Fortress 2
TF2
Not sure what the hell this means:

m_bBeingRepurposedForTaunt
In the exe, there are several references to "player skin override" not sure what they might be, but eh.

FTL: Faster than Light

Development text left over in the EXE implies the game was originally called "SpaceTrek":

D:\Development\SpaceTrek\Project\src\Gameplay\World\EventGenerator.cpp
SCP: Containment Breach

[Will put stuff here soon]
Last edited by Jill on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Re: The thread of unused content and stuff!

Dr.Moore wrote:well, i mean luigis mansion has.... this thing?
This was to be used when you ran out of time in the beta, yes there was a timelimit.
Luigi's mansion had a lot of really creepy unused content, removed because it was too dark for a mario game.

One was a ghost that actually wanted to mount luigis head on his wall as a trophy, and an another was an animation for luigi that looked like someone was choking him.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

Re: The thread of unused content and stuff!

SCP-500 wrote: Luigi's mansion had a lot of really creepy unused content, removed because it was too dark for a mario game.
One was a ghost that actually wanted to mount luigis head on his wall as a trophy, and an another was an animation for luigi that looked like someone was choking him.
Actually the one with strangling him is more or less in the game, it raps its arms around luigi and hurts him, it look more or less like luigi is pulling on him.
this is that very ghost, it is called the grabbing ghost
Tesseron