Re: PC Problems Thread

Juicy wrote:My HDD makes an strange sound, something like "rrrrrrrrrrrr" when it's working
How old is the Hard Drive?

Is the Noise frequent and loud?

The Radical Larry wrote:How do you listen to sound files in the SCP CB Folders, it has the Windows Live Movie Maker symbol and when I open, it opens the movie maker.
What do I do?
.OGG are Audio Files that can be opened with -

Audacity
VLC Player
Real Player

And several other Media Programs. I higly recommend Audacity.

There are a few codecs that add the ability to play .OGG Files using Windows Media Player but most Third Party Codecs are unreliable. Only use codecs from known and trusted sources.

It is Free and very light weight.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

Rightclick the .ogg file, click "Open with..." then click browse to select a default program.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Juicy wrote:One year old, and the sound isn't loud. I can hear it when the HDD is working (when I'm oppening something or when a game is loading).

It has been doing that since I bought it
If it isn't that " distinct " then it may just be your Hard Drive working. Just somewhat louder.

If the sound is a very loud, happens loudly and randomly then it could be the sign of a failing hard drive. Though you said that it is around a year old, Hard Drives are still prone to failure, Depending on the manufacturer. It is always recommended to make frequent back ups. Just in case the worse happens.

The Radical Larry wrote:I installed audacity open the porogram, restarted that computer, but it still shows up as Movie Maker
Do what Glitch said above. ;)

You can also convert Audio to different formats using Audacity.

Just open it, Click File then Import Audio.

Then click File then Export. Choose the Format through the drop down list and save.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.