Oculus Rift in Third Person Games?

I'm just wondering; do you think the Oculus Rift will look cool in third person games like Just Cause 2, GTA V, etc., or would it just be disorienting? Post your opinions and thoughts here.

My personal opinion: I don't think it would be too disorienting if you turned off head tracking and just used the mouse like normal. The problem would be that if you use head tracking and moved your head, you only feel your head turning, not moving. For example, if a third person camera turns left, it also pans right. You wouldn't feel that movement to the right, so it would be disorienting. I think if you use the mouse as normal, though, it wouldn't be as disorienting.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

Re: Oculus Rift in Third Person Games?

Wait, you DON'T dress up as robocop whilst playing TF2? Next you'll be telling me you don't fap to Nigel Thornberry in a full body latex suit with a penis hole.

Fucking weirdos.
Let me hold your face under the putrecent waters of knowledge.

lololord wrote:
LukeDude759 wrote:
lololord wrote:Oculus... Rift?... :?
This.
You can't be fucking serious...

Why would i become robocop to play TF2?

Just.. No...
The longer I stare at this cat, the more serious it looks

The Oculus Rift is a VIRTUAL REALITY headset. It has the closest simulation of depth you'll find anywhere (Not like 3D monitors that cheat by alternating two images), a 110 degree FOV, and low latency head tracking, meaning you can control the camera by moving your head.
Last edited by LukeDude759 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

aslong as its not like the virtual boy pile of baked rotten penis, then im good with it. HOWEVER, this is a dumb idea, video games dont need virtual reality, THEY ARE FUCKING VIDEO GAMES
Tesseron

Dr.Moore wrote:aslong as its not like the virtual boy pile of baked rotten penis, then im good with it. HOWEVER, this is a dumb idea, video games dont need virtual reality, THEY ARE FUCKING VIDEO GAMES
Imagine a game like Amnesia Dark Descent with Oculus Rift.
The game would become scary enough that you would actually crap your pants if new to it, and what Oculus Rift does is what is needed for games.
It makes it feel more like you are the character you control, the immersion part of the game.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Baronobeefdip wrote:Wait, you DON'T dress up as robocop whilst playing TF2? Next you'll be telling me you don't fap to Nigel Thornberry in a full body latex suit with a penis hole.

Fucking weirdos.
Unfortunately my high amount of exposure to deadly internet beams has rendered me unable to fap to any less than shitting dick nipples on transvestites. But yeah Oculus Rift is pretty awesome from what I've heard. From what I hear it's not like a virtual boy and more like the virtual database from mjnority report. I want it.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!