Re: What do you think school lied about?

Baronobeefdip wrote:That you can't mix colours to make a primary colour.
Red + Green = Yellow. Because pixels.

Biggest fucking lie I've heard: Good grades mean you're smart. Bitch, please. My sister gets damn near straight A's and she's an idiot.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

If you think your school didn't teach you anything wrong, there's a good chance they taught you not to believe they taught you anything wrong, which means they taught you something wrong.

There has to be something they lied to you about, right?
My SCP playthrough

LukeDude759 wrote:If you think your school didn't teach you anything wrong, there's a good chance they taught you not to believe they taught you anything wrong, which means they taught you something wrong.

Like what?
The examples in the first page are pretty stupid.

ndi05 wrote:
LukeDude759 wrote:If you think your school didn't teach you anything wrong, there's a good chance they taught you not to believe they taught you anything wrong, which means they taught you something wrong.

Like what?
The examples in the first page are pretty stupid.
Well there is global warming (a theory that is treated like fact), Continental Drift (A theory that is treated like fact), and evolution (a well supported theory that while it is kind of likely to be fact, but isn't, is still treated like fact)

That is just science though, and science is just messed up with what it wants to believe because of money.

At my school the teachers was meant to be smarter than the students, and they should be there to help the students.

What actually happened, was that our teacher locked us all in the classroom during recess because he couldnt open a door with a broken lock.
And we had 2 doors leading into that classroom, and he tried to get through thr one with a broken lock FOR 1 WHOLE HOUR.

Because of that thing where he locked us in, we were so evil to him for the rest of the school year, that when he was told he would never have class with us again, he cried in happiness.

The lie: Teachers are intelligent and there to help the students.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

INFINITE561 wrote:Wanna know how shit my maths teacher is?He taught me everything and i still can't do division
On a related note, they lied about dividing by zero. You actually can, calculators are just programmed to return an error. Dividing by zero is undefined, which is why a vertical slope on a graph is called an undefined slope. I'll shut up now. God dammit, brain, it's still summer.
Sparks wrote:At my school the teachers was meant to be smarter than the students.

The lie: Teachers are intelligent and there to help the students.
Take all of my this.
My SCP playthrough

Most of my teachers were great: helpful, friendly, knew what they were teaching and generally nice people to be around. I had a few in the past that I didn't get on with, and one of my tutor's on my last College course was... occasionally incompetent, but almost everyone has at least one bad teacher in their school lives.
Local Forum Amateur and Galactic God Entity: Current mistakes:3
"If you collect them, something good might happen!" - About half of the Road Trip Adventure NPC's