Re: Doom 4

I thought Doom 3 was a fantasticly beautiful in terms of art and environment. Sure some people HATED the fact it wasn't a godawful brainless shooter like it's first games (although thanks for creating the FPS genre.) I Just loved the immersion and fear/horror of that game. It was a huge mystery (shame I didn't do 3d modelling when I was younger to have made a mod for it or something ;( -- the engine is now super out of date and non-mac-compatible; who the hell plays doom 3 anymore anyways).

I hope Doom 4 won't be a brainless shooter with fancy bells and whistles in terms of graphics either, whilst spouting over the top rock and roll music and ludicrous vulgarity

Do you even know how much fun it is to spawn monster_demon_imp or zombie_maint and make custom levels for you and your friends to play? Hellll yes! Good memories..

-snip-

I hope the SDK tools for ID tech 6 won't be utter garbage then [If they even import the damn thing to Mac OSX compatibility]. . . if they are garbage I'll just resort to high hopes of Source 2 and it's new tools to play with.
Last edited by Mirocaine on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mirocaine wrote:Edit: Yes I know the truth hurts (admit it) but compare that shit to a game like Half-Life 2, which got MASSIVE awards and is probably THE BEST FPS game of the 2000-2010 decade. (Also won that award as well).

Mirocaine wrote:I thought Doom 3 was a fantasticly beautiful in terms of art and environment. Sure some people HATED the fact it wasn't a godawful brainless shooter like it's first games (although thanks for creating the FPS genre.) I Just loved the immersion and fear/horror of that game. It was a huge mystery (shame I didn't do 3d modelling when I was younger to have made a mod for it or something ;( -- the engine is now super out of date and non-mac-compatible; who the hell plays doom 3 anymore anyways).

I hope Doom 4 won't be a brainless shooter with fancy bells and whistles in terms of graphics either, whilst spouting over the top rock and roll music and ludicrous vulgarity

Do you even know how much fun it is to spawn monster_demon_imp or zombie_maint and make custom levels for you and your friends to play? Hellll yes! Good memories..

Let us recap this.

Comparing Doom 1/2 to Half Life²? Are you serious? They're nowhere the same generation, and go rather different directions Genre-wise.
Wait, Doom 3 wasn't a brainless shooter? Did I miss 95% of the game? ;) The Doom Franchise lives off this kind of gameplay unlike Half Life, so how could you even begin comparing them.

And to be fair, neither one of you is even old enough to rate either one of those games fairly as by their release-standards. Hell, I was a little girl when Doom hit the market. When Half Life came out I was 12.
I was 18/19 when Half Life² came out.

All in all, Doom and Half Life are gaming franchises who defined the gaming market in their own way. But comparing them is not fair on either one of them.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Alright well lets rephrase that 1000 words to something simple;

"Doom was good for it's time, I just hope that Doom 4 will atleast be cool like Doom 3 as well."

I cant put it any better than that.
Minmi96 wrote:
Your mom is calling you to eat your macaroni and cheese for dinner, don't ignore her.

Minmi96 wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:Edit: Yes I know the truth hurts (admit it) but compare that shit to a game like Half-Life 2, which got MASSIVE awards and is probably THE BEST FPS game of the 2000-2010 decade. (Also won that award as well).
Calm yourself down as people can have their own opinion on games. Take a review at the rules.

Now move on with the topic.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango