Re: Black Mesa is going to release on steam in 2 days?

Seems like it, Black Mesa Source emoticons, trading cards, backgrounds and workshop maps have been popping up recently, it'd make sense that the countdown is for the actual release now. The initial release 3 years ago kind of came out of nowhere as well.
CommanderPro100 wrote:I honestly doubt it's counting down towards the full steam release. Considering they haven't done an open/closed beta testing for the multiplayer yet and the fact that they've hardly been working on Xen over the past several months, it's probably counting down to something different.
I dunno, did you watch the stream where about half of the dev team and some others showed off multiplayer? It looks pretty finished. They've also confirmed the initial Steam release won't feature Xen.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote: I dunno, did you watch the stream where about half of the dev team and some others showed off multiplayer? It looks pretty finished. They've also confirmed the initial Steam release won't feature Xen.
I managed to catch the stream right in the middle of it. It honestly seemed very barebones for a multiplayer component that's intended to have a long life span. They did say they've been planning an open or closed beta testing for the MP, but given how they've been setting their priorities throughout 2014, it wouldn't surprise me if they ditched that step entirely and just decide to rush out the MP mode with the steam release as to meet whatever dead line they've set for themselves.

yonzo_rikuo wrote:oh god this is so creepy gabe why you did this
Wikipedia wrote:Black Mesa (originally Black Mesa: Source; stylized as BLλCK MESA) is a third-party total remake of Half-Life, Valve Corporation's critically acclaimed debut title, on Valve's Source engine. The 40-person volunteer development team says they hope to create a more engrossing in-game world with more varied, complex environments; and more challenging, realistic gameplay.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.