SCP gave me viruses

SCP Containment Breach gave me a bad virus so I had to delete it.
I don't have a very beefy computer and I want to download it again for the pleasures.
Is there a way to download it without it hurting my computer?
don't eat the tuna casserole (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: SCP gave me viruses

Uh...just download it from the official site???

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

For me, when I download the game from the actual source and try to play it, (I have Windows Defender, the giant pile of :REDACTED: ) Windows Defender (the unholy pile of :REDACTED: ) says this. 'Windows Defender has found some malware on your computer. We are removing it right now.' then, soon after it says, 'Windows Defender has found a threat in your computer, we are removing it now.'. And when I checked 'View Details' it said that SCP - Containment Breach was a trojan, and was severe.

WINDOWS DEFENDER BE LIKE :049: :049: :049: :049: :049: :049: :049: :049: :049: :049:

CommanderMark wrote:
Undertoe wrote:-snip-
Even though it's a false positive something in 1.3.2 is still clearly tipping off Windows Defender. Whether or not there's actually a virus it would be nice to find the root of the cause.
It's probably just the launcher, because sometimes I use launchers for non-Steam games and it :REDACTED:'s off Bitdefender. Just block it from going into the SCP .rar.
Please visit my new account, DarkInsurgency!

Weird. I never got a virus from downloading all the versions of SCP:CB from the official link, and I have tried this on Norton, Avast and Avira. You might need to scan your entire system though; there might be a virus lurking around your computer even before the download.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.