Re: SOMA Giveaway contest (WIN A FREE COPY OF SOMA ON STEAM!

Astray488 wrote:WInner announcement!

The contest is over (Damn those few weeks go by fast when your waiting in anticipation)!

Congratulations to..:
Spoiler
DOOMalot

for his long epic story of how not to continue playing SCP:CB! (You'll learn that dying is fun!):

I walked through those halls like how blood ebbed slowly from a wound. All around me I heard screams, cries of desperation and madness - I was trapped here and at a complete loss of what to do. I saw the "thing" take three lives right in front of me like it was nothing for it, as if it was meaningless to be human 10 seconds ago and an empty shell 10 seconds later. Trodding slowly down the facility I had no idea what to expect, that if the walls would close in on me next or perhaps there would be some serious predicament waiting to pounce on me every door I entered into a new room. Being a fan of serious horror games I told myself I was not going to do once and I would play this through with anything I knew that would help me, if that thing can only move when you can't see it, then I wouldn't even breathe until I passed it.

Stumbling through the darkness, the occasional cry or odd sound now coming from a much quieter facility being akin to crows sitting on the fence-line, I found a control room with a small keycard. Blink. It was there at the glass now, hands upon it staring dead into my soul suddenly. It came so suddenly I practically screamed and ran out of the room back turned.. *thud thud* *CRACK* I heard the glass shatter behind me as I ran down the hall, I only turned around to look for a split second to find him right there in front of me. I was completely stuck, almost caught in a chokehold, unable to move. I squirmed unblinking and panicking, thinking this would finally be the end of my short run when for just a short moment I saw the icon to open the door behind me, I just barely clicked past that thing to use it and slam that door closed right in front of its face just as I blinked. Feeling as if I had defeated it somehow and basically cheated death, I chuckled a little and turned around to walk down the next corridor when suddenly I heard the sound of a steel doors locks unwinding and sliding open, I turned to face it again in just a split moment *AAAGHHGRAAAGHHHHHhhh* the scream of the stinger noise literally made me jump out of my chair and my headphones flew off and struck my monitor. In a moment of desperation I fumbled with the controls and went backpedaling out the corridor opening and slamming every door behind me, until I hit a dead end.

I looked around this tiny room, there was a poster on the wall: SCP-914

Having no idea what the image exactly represented or what that meant, I realized that thing was getting closer, the doors were slowly being unlocked by it accompanied by loud movement of scraping stone. If I didn't figure out something fast it was going to be in here within seconds. I mashed my security card against the control panel and the blast doors opened, I didn't hesitate to run inside and lock myself in. I'd like to see it get through a 3 foot steel door without a keycard, I thought. I surveyed the room hoping for another exit, a strange note was nearby that was a bit unnerving to read, as if someone else was in here before me and tried to escape.. or maybe disappeared. What was this machine?.. Input, Output, a knob? I thought perhaps it could have some sort of key for me to get out of here, or a weapon. I fumbled with the knob trying various settings as the doors opened and closed, I tried putting my keycard in it and watched it change into a mastercard (was I rich?). Then I heard a godawful noise, not just any ambient noise in the distance of some poor fellow greeting death at his door but a loud noise, a sort of watery grinding.. I was sort of paralyzed in fear, I just stood there couching and waiting, observing the ceiling for any cave ins.. *breathing* "what the fuck?" I thought? Then I looked down. I proceeded to throw my mouse and scream so loudly that I fell out of my chair, my laptop nearly fell of the desk as my left hand barely mashed the ESC key as I went tumbling.

I didn't touch that game again for a month before trying my luck again.. not funny.
Well that was long and interesting! I think that was the best thing I got between the half-assed MS paint drawings and real world friends wanting the game. Your experience reminded me of how I got my little brother to play SCP:CB for 15 minutes before he practically killed over. Congrats your steam gifted copy of SOMA!

Thanks to our closer runners up:
MthurstonX (Steam/Email)
D-9999 (forum)
Chris0matic (forum)
Shillozard999 (Steam/Email)
now you could probably do the simpler thing of "sailing the high seas" to play SOMA.. or something like that..
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Astray488
>Previously known as Mirocaine.