Re: What's the best game you've ever played?

The original Ratchet & Clank will always be my all time favourite game for many, many reasons. For some of my other top games in a few other genres, we have:

Platformers - Spyro: Year Of The Dragon. My second favourite platformer after the original Ratchet. Like Crash 2 and 3, Spyro 3 utterly nailed the gameplay at that point. I'm seriously hoping the Crash N. Sane Trilogy does really well (which I'm also pretty hyped for as that series is also up there for me), as there's now a chance Activision could do the same with Spyro 1-3, and just imagining those games' much more open levels in HD is just... yeah, I need that in my life.

JRPG - Dragon Quest VIII (PS2). I've now played quite a few JRPG's at this point, but Dragon Quest VIII still stands on top for me. It had pretty much everything I want in a JRPG; traditional turn based combat, an expansive open world, a pretty solid story and memorable, (mostly) loveable characters. Not to mention a surprisingly solid Dub for 2005 and the only Orchestral soundtrack I've ever heard that I absolutely adore. Mysterious Tower is still the most beautiful, calming Dungeon music I've heard in a game so far, and that remix of Heavenly Flight is perfect. Not keen on some of the changes in the 3DS version, though.

Driving - Gran Turismo 2. Forget 4, 2 was the pinnacle of this series IMO. Best tracks, best Car list with some of the best variety I've seen, and it was the one game in the series that I felt nailed the overall gameplay, despite it not being the most realistic in the series. 1 is too slidey, 4's steering is too heavy and anything 5 and on became too slow and dull. The PAL version I grew up with also has one of the few licenced soundtracks that I genuinely love, despite there only being 7 songs or so compared to the 13/14 in the NTSC version.

I could list more, but I technically need to finish an Assignment right now.

Re: What's the best game you've ever played?

Either Cave Story or MOTHER 3 offhand.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.