Schizophrenia (087-Mod)

Welcome, I started a Mod called Schrizophrenia. The plot is that your a patient with intense Schizophrenia, that sends you mad and walking forever... You may hear sounds of the reality, but soon it will all be gone.

Stage: ALPHA

+Download Here = http://www.mediafire.com/?249mbgkwobx43ma

The Textures are mostly done, but there is still sounds and all to do. No monsters have really been changed, since they work well with the theme as is. Tell me what you think!

Pics:
This game Is Inspired by Combine's Grey Path.

Re: Schizophrenia (087-Mod)

Isn't schizophrenic split personalities ? Wonder how that title will fit in the story and the game. But it's good. Definitely Interesting.
You not going to change the monster textures ? Its a dark game and the black wall make it even more difficult to say whats going on cause you don't see the monsters.
But when this is ok then ok. Something you hear but don't see, ok. But it would be interesting to see the monster with a straightjacket and the other maybe with the chess ground you put there. Have it a reason ?

Do you know Silent Hill ? If not is the reason to make that example cause the monsters and the environment look like the psyche of the character in that town. In that town it have all have a reason why it all looks like it looks and why the characters are there.

For your mod maybe that or a cliche story. Maybe that is all a dream and he have a operation on his brain which triggers the hallucinations. Then the panels must look like flesh.

That was a little brainstorming by me. So in which direction will it go ? What kind of thing will it be ? Then I'll know better what to say about this.
But definitely a more serious thing. I like that.

Hope for more updates :D

Bye

Zarpox wrote:Isn't schizophrenic split personalities ? Wonder how that title will fit in the story and the game. But it's good. Definitely Interesting.
You not going to change the monster textures ? Its a dark game and the black wall make it even more difficult to say whats going on cause you don't see the monsters.
But when this is ok then ok. Something you hear but don't see, ok. But it would be interesting to see the monster with a straightjacket and the other maybe with the chess ground you put there. Have it a reason ?

Do you know Silent Hill ? If not is the reason to make that example cause the monsters and the environment look like the psyche of the character in that town. In that town it have all have a reason why it all looks like it looks and why the characters are there.

For your mod maybe that or a cliche story. Maybe that is all a dream and he have a operation on his brain which triggers the hallucinations. Then the panels must look like flesh.

That was a little brainstorming by me. So in which direction will it go ? What kind of thing will it be ? Then I'll know better what to say about this.
But definitely a more serious thing. I like that.

Hope for more updates :D Bye
Ahem, First off Schizophrenia is a (Disease?) In which the brain imagines that other people are talking to you, and seeing people that are not there. So you usually hear random voices telling you things... Or see someone, and it all acts as if its actually there.

Monsters, WILL be textured better, this is alpha so almost nothing is done, just main textures...

The black walls is because the case is that your Schizophrenia is extremely bad, changing your surroundings all around you.

Cbjfan1 wrote:
chris0matic wrote:Ahem, First off Schizophrenia is a (Disease?) In which the brain imagines that other people are talking to you, and seeing people that are not there.
Just so you know, schizophrenia is a mental disorder and it literally means to split the mind
Mental Disorder was the word, I couldnt get it out. But yeah, I read a book about it... What do you mean by split the mind?

Cbjfan1 wrote:
chris0matic wrote:Mental Disorder was the word, I couldnt get it out. But yeah, I read a book about it... What do you mean by split the mind?
It splits up mental functions, often causing hallucinations and such
Yeah. Thats what this game is supposed to be like... Some sort of Mental breakdown

Nah, Schizophrenia is a disorder that ruptures normal senses and creates imaginary senses as well as create voices that have terrible vices and go against normal feelings and morals. In this game, it's best to add voices constantly screaming about how wrong you are.

"That the wrong way"
"Stop, it is too dangerous"
"They locked you in because they don't like you"

Source: I studied this some time ago and saw a video of a Schizophrenia simulation.

Could I, perhaps, make some droning noises/ambient noises? That's good for an insanity theme, no?

Edit: To sort of clear up, yes, Schizophrenia IS a "split of mind" but it is not a split personality disorder.
It causes you to hear not what your conscious says, but what another voice (often a violent or discomforting voice or theme in what they say) says to you.
A split personality disorder would be more closely related to something such as bipolar/manic depression, however if I remember psychology very well, I don't think that's one either, but it would be closely related due to neurotic tendencies of a split personality disorder.
Hope this makes some sort of sense.
Also hope I'm right, but I'm pretty sure, after living with a father with both of those disorders for 14 years of my life.

(apologies, admins/mods. I can't delete my double/triple posts, but if you could, I guess. I need to remember that rule.)
Last edited by tumblingcogs on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler
book hat