Mine In Dark (087-B Minecraft mod)

While on a server, the game crashes, once you go back to the same server, it is
different. You are in a graveyard, with a strange fog and a fence you can't jump over.
The only option is to go through one of the burials, the first burial has a jammed door and
as you turn around, the door opens and you get pulled in, while the door slams shut behind you,
you hear someone running away from behind you.

Download:
Mine In Darkness 0.2.1[3.01 MB]
Mine In Darkness 0.1 [3.37 MB]

Enjoy the mod~
Last edited by Cridone on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:01 am, edited 64 times in total.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Re: Mine In Dark (087-B Minecraft mod)

Updated to 0.1.1! Here's a list.
Spoiler
- Fixed the glimpses.
- Took away MID label that appeared in the start(didn't fit with the story), and replaced it.
- Replaced 'behind you' with something that will get you off-track.
- Replaced the 'radio4' sound(now a ambient sound).
- Took away monster Labels(they didn't fit with the story also).
- Other Texture tweaks.
EDIT: Where did the pictures go? did the forums break?

Cridone wrote:How does it fit well with the game? Since minecraft and 087-B both have creepy ambience? textures?
I've not played minecraft that much but i think that game and SCP-087-B have both that feeling when you're alone in a mine in the dark...
Yeah the textures from SCP-087-B are kinda.. minecrafty and remember on that.

This mod is interesting because it was kinda different and something that someone should done before (if there i no minecraft mod here.. i think so :O)
But why did you do that ? I post this because no one else seem to be interested in this. Kinda the same thing if you ask me. No i will not wait anymore because someone else could make it to. If no one does it no one does it....

But anyway the textures from the mod were good and kinda gives this special feeling. (but nothing seem to happen if i try to ax the walls :D)
The sounds are good... one thing i will mention here is the dead sound. It fits and it is a completely different thing than the game and other mods i see. It is more quiet and not so damn loud.

Zarpox wrote:
Cridone wrote:How does it fit well with the game? Since minecraft and 087-B both have creepy ambience? textures?
I've not played minecraft that much but i think that game and SCP-087-B have both that feeling when you're alone in a mine in the dark...
Yeah the textures from SCP-087-B are kinda.. minecrafty and remember on that.

This mod is interesting because it was kinda different and something that someone should done before (if there i no minecraft mod here.. i think so :O)
But why did you do that ? I post this because no one else seem to be interested in this. Kinda the same thing if you ask me. No i will not wait anymore because someone else could make it to. If no one does it no one does it....

But anyway the textures from the mod were good and kinda gives this special feeling. (but nothing seem to happen if i try to ax the walls :D)
The sounds are good... one thing i will mention here is the dead sound. It fits and it is a completely different thing than the game and other mods i see. It is more quiet and not so damn loud.
Thanks. :D The music that replaces the original is Disc 13 from minecraft(The first music disc added besides cat). And all the sounds are from minecraft(still need to replace radio 2 and 3).

Also, how did you think of the enderman? I have to agree the textures fit in, And I personally like how I replaced the radio 1 sound with a door closing sound.

Cridone wrote:Also, how did you think of the enderman? I have to agree the textures fit in, And I personally like how I replaced the radio 1 sound with a door closing sound.
I played now the mod for a little bit to look over so.. i forget that the game is such a masterpiece. I spotted rooms i have not see for a long time and forgot about them. These are the other Labyrinth but not like when you going to the right and there are the stairs. No! That one with at least two ways and the other is just a dead end. (not that with the hole when you die)

But anyway your mod makes the game less "jumpscary" cause all sounds a less loud and i think that is good and ad more to the atmosphere. It makes it more creepy.
Yeah the creepy music is very good and fits well. Have minecraft really such sounds and music ? Well is it an creepy game ? Maybe just at night. I mean when does this good creepy music play ? ;D
(I found in the folder "music2" which is the old music, why ?)

It was pretty neat how you change the "radio1" sound to the door sound. (Is the story like the door shut it self down and your can not mine anything and you out off material for a torch ? thats pretty cool) And the "stone" sound like some other bad minecraft player will lock you in the mine.
The document i found in the folder "zounds" says it. The radio not seem to fit but i don't know another way to use them. But i think "radio4" not play anytime but i don't know about that "radio2" and radio3" play every time. Yeah and the step sound must have changes but you all now that.

Now some (hopefully) constructive critic (because it helps) the music loop is not that good i think cause it stops for a while. But i can live with that when this is ok and maybe in minecraft the music music stops for some secs before it repeats.
The enderman is good but i think no matter what you do the model is just so bright and you can see him in the dark. But that ok too.

But all in all the texture a really good and the sounds are something special and the music just fits well with the atmosphere.

Zarpox wrote:
Cridone wrote:Also, how did you think of the enderman? I have to agree the textures fit in, And I personally like how I replaced the radio 1 sound with a door closing sound.
I played now the mod for a little bit to look over so.. i forget that the game is such a masterpiece. I spotted rooms i have not see for a long time and forgot about them. These are the other Labyrinth but not like when you going to the right and there are the stairs. No! That one with at least two ways and the other is just a dead end. (not that with the hole when you die)

But anyway your mod makes the game less "jumpscary" cause all sounds a less loud and i think that is good and ad more to the atmosphere. It makes it more creepy.
Yeah the creepy music is very good and fits well. Have minecraft really such sounds and music ? Well is it an creepy game ? Maybe just at night. I mean when does this good creepy music play ? ;D
(I found in the folder "music2" which is the old music, why ?)

It was pretty neat how you change the "radio1" sound to the door sound. (Is the story like the door shut it self down and your can not mine anything and you out off material for a torch ? thats pretty cool) And the "stone" sound like some other bad minecraft player will lock you in the mine.
The document i found in the folder "zounds" says it. The radio not seem to fit but i don't know another way to use them. But i think "radio4" not play anytime but i don't know about that "radio2" and radio3" play every time. Yeah and the step sound must have changes but you all now that.

Now some (hopefully) constructive critic (because it helps) the music loop is not that good i think cause it stops for a while. But i can live with that when this is ok and maybe in minecraft the music music stops for some secs before it repeats.
The enderman is good but i think no matter what you do the model is just so bright and you can see him in the dark. But that ok too.

But all in all the texture a really good and the sounds are something special and the music just fits well with the atmosphere.
The 'music2' was suppose to be a (horrible) joke. Also the 'stone' sound is cobble being broken, in the real 087-B it's some type of........ stone rolling/scraping sound. And the original music already loops, in minecraft it doesn't loop it 'stops' and you have to take the record out of the jukebox and put it back in. Radio 4 never plays for me, so I just changed it to a minecraft sound.

Has the "fire" sounds ever play for you? they never play for me.

[EDIT]
0.1.3 might be coming out sometime next week. It will just do some cleanups.
Also, If you want to see the old monsters labels the older versions are right their, anything broken just tell me.

[EDIT:2]
OH! I re-read the story and it's because you find the radio.
Last edited by Cridone on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cridone wrote:The 'music2' was suppose to be a (horrible) joke. Also the 'stone' sound is cobble being broken, in the real 087-B it's some type of........ stone rolling/scraping sound. And the original music already loops, in minecraft it doesn't loop it 'stops' and you have to take the record out of the jukebox and put it back in. Radio 4 never plays for me, so I just changed it to a minecraft sound.

Has the "fire" sounds ever play for you? they never play for me.
Ok then. The joke worked in a way...
Yeah the cobble being broken sound is good.
I mean the music stops for some secs before it repeats. That time it is very quiet. But i think that is ok now.
Yeah sometimes "radio4" plays and sometimes not.. i can not remember when it plays for me. I think i must test again soon.

You mean the file named "fireout" ? In the real game... I think so but the "match" sound can be that to. I think is plays when all went dark and then "Herobrine" come and when you get away you hear it and it went bright again..