SCP-087-B vs. SCP-087?

I'm new to this forum and the whole SCP lore. This may come across as a foolish question, but what is the difference between the game SCP-087-B and SCP-087? Which is better? Are there others?

I've been having a tough time finding reliable and detailed information about what all of this is and the difference between those two particular games.

Just looking for some general info and opinions. Thanks!

Re: SCP-087-B vs. SCP-087?

SCP-087 by Haversine is significantly less eventful. Rather than having monsters around the place, it fills in the space with creepy sounds, unexplained occurrences and the final reveal at the end of the stairwell. There are no hallways, just an endless stairwell.

SCP-087-B by Regalis keeps the charm of the original SCP-087 while adding onto it with more events, scripted monsters and confusing hallways to couple with the stairs always leading downwards, as well as the final reveal at the end of the stairs and hallways.

Both of them are based on the famous SCP-087 SCP on the SCP Foundation website, and they're both subjectively creepy and dark. To add onto that, the player moves very slow in both games.

There are more SCP-087 spin-offs, such as SCP-087-C, E and whatnot.
Hopefully this helped!
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

vinestone wrote:Thanks, this definitely helps clarify things!

Among all of the SCP-087 games, which is the scariest/best to play?
I'd say SCP-087. You really can't see the monster, so if you die, it's a fucking horrible experience. I think the floor the monster comes from is randomized too.

SyphenTV wrote:

I'd say SCP-087. You really can't see the monster, so if you die, it's a fucking horrible experience. I think the floor the monster comes from is randomized too.
You're not suppose to even get past the monster in SCP-087. So in a sense, SCP-087-B has a lot more playability.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:

You're not suppose to even get past the monster in SCP-087. So in a sense, SCP-087-B has a lot more playability.
Yea. Both of them do get really boring fast, though. It's the same thing every time (Not including the random spawn rate, and the random room generation)

Depends on your what you find scary. 087 is much more faithful to the original SCP article and is much more simple in terms of gameplay, whereas 087-B is more of a spin-off and is much more direct in its scare factor. So, yeah, as said, 087-B is a lot more replayable, and has a lot more 'scares', per se, but 087 is more of experience once by yourself type of thing.
It slep time bunner.