Re: Multiplayer Mod

Mr. Guy wrote:Question: Why did you not use TCP? Is it more difficult or what?
TCP would've been easier to use (and in fact this project originally used TCP until I switched to UDP), but it is a very bad choice for most online games, since it sacrifices real-time responses for the sake of reliability and order.

UDP does not compensate for packet loss or disorganized data on its own, but I wrote the code in such a way that this doesn't matter much. Inputs are sent redundantly to the server, so if a packet is dropped, the same data will be sent in the next one. As for packets not arriving in the right order, the server will just discard any data that is not the most recent.

How do I play this with a friend?
I mean, I tried with another PC in my house ( so we're under the same WiFi ) I put a IP then the same with the other PC we aren't able to connect. I tried opening 2 games in the same PC and it works, someone can tell me how to play this with a friend? Thank you!

Also, I wonder if there's a way that makes the controller of the monster to reproduce ambience sounds ( for example, you just go behind the Class D friend and reproduce " Behind you " ) or that is all automatic.

Hey juanpro,
Thank you! It finally worked! I scared my brother :106:

Is there a way to make different appearences if you're the monster? I mean, for example when Mental appears three times in a row while coming closer to you.
Also, if you can add the thing that makes you visible with the red monster, and then the " Don't look at me " thing, I think it would be awesome!
Btw, this is really great thank you for your work, I'm gonna play this with my friends

nevoh72 wrote:I need help, So i've seen that a bot can be added to the game? so both players can be personnal D and one scp 087 (bot)
is that possible :D ? If it is, how can i add the bot to be the scp- 087
First off, putting your email as your username is incredibly poor security measures.
Secondly, the thread hasn't been touched in a while, and while reviving dead threads is not a huge crime like most people assume, you might want to ask the OP as nobody has played this mod in a long time (at least to my remembering.)

I wonder when the next update is coming...? because I saw in the source code or something like that saying something about plannings that are going to be in the next update I guess or something... Sorry if its something that is a secret to you juanjpro, or something. I was just wondering if you are still working on the mod, This is a pretty cool add-on mod And it would be awesome if you are still working on the mod. :)
Not saying that your not I just wanted to know if you are or not :wink:

ashadttt wrote:I wonder when the next update is coming...? because I saw in the source code or something like that saying something about plannings that are going to be in the next update I guess or something... Sorry if its something that is a secret to you juanjpro, or something. I was just wondering if you are still working on the mod, This is a pretty cool add-on mod And it would be awesome if you are still working on the mod. :)
Not saying that your not I just wanted to know if you are or not :wink:
Well, from the look of things, it's likely dead and buried, since there's was no update for quiet awhile, and will likely stay that way.
A man can dream. can he?
Also, we might get in trouble for necro posting, but to hell with it. :087_2:
:duck:

Metroid construction: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... le;u=40862