Space Pressure System?

So would it be possible to remove all of the water and make the outside a vacuum? And make it act like a vacuum? Say a window breaks instead of water flooding in and raising the pressure, it would be that all of the gasses would be sucked out into the vacuum, this would include some solid movable objects including humans, of course there would have to be a way for airlocks to close in case of a situation like this occurs, emergency airlocks.
You could keep or remodel the rocks already in the game and make them into asteroids.
So basically i think it would be awesome if there was some sort of mod or mission built into the game to make this game a space game.
I know i know it sounds alot like ss13, and i really enjoy the game the way it is now, playing it a lot, But this sounds incredible.
Would it be possible(Yes everything is) How hard would it be?
Is there plans for such a thing?

Re: Space Pressure System?

killerken924 wrote:So would it be possible to remove all of the water and make the outside a vacuum? And make it act like a vacuum? Say a window breaks instead of water flooding in and raising the pressure, it would be that all of the gasses would be sucked out into the vacuum, this would include some solid movable objects including humans, of course there would have to be a way for airlocks to close in case of a situation like this occurs, emergency airlocks.
You could keep or remodel the rocks already in the game and make them into asteroids.
So basically i think it would be awesome if there was some sort of mod or mission built into the game to make this game a space game.
I know i know it sounds alot like ss13, and i really enjoy the game the way it is now, playing it a lot, But this sounds incredible.
Would it be possible(Yes everything is) How hard would it be?
Is there plans for such a thing?
it is possible but i do not think developers will do that until game is polished. i could try to make mod, but no one would play it. few people play barotrauma and even fewer people would download aditional stuff and move it into game folder
Last edited by etet2 on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
check out my mod Barotrauma Erect

Hypothetically that could be rigged to work right now.
-Make water invisible
-Add minus sign to water push force to make it pull
-You still run out of O2 because that water is still technically there.

It'd just require a specially designed sub that can drain itself.
(Pump spam, or gaps in floors to let inviso-water out easier)
Rule 1) You are expendable.
Rule 2) Asking about Rule 1 will enforce it automatically.

asialsky wrote:Hypothetically that could be rigged to work right now.
-Make water invisible

you can't just add minus sign. water physics is not in xml files it's coded in c# so it will be MUCH complicated than that.

etet2 wrote:
-Make water invisible

you can't just add minus sign. water physics is not in xml files it's coded in c# so it will be MUCH complicated than that.
You're right. /I/ can't add a minus sign, but not because it's complicated;
I simply don't have the source code.

C or not, the solution is still as simple as flipping a value from one vector to another with a minus sign or two.
Rule 1) You are expendable.
Rule 2) Asking about Rule 1 will enforce it automatically.

asialsky wrote:
etet2 wrote:
-Make water invisible

You're right. /I/ can't add a minus sign, but not because it's complicated;
I simply don't have the source code.

C or not, the solution is still as simple as flipping a value from one vector to another with a minus sign or two.
it's possible to uncompile code but it still would be more complicated than just adding minus sign.